hf1

Thinking of giving up cloth with Lilly :-( what to do?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Thinking of giving up cloth with Lilly :-( what to do?

Postby rachymoo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:56 pm

I am thinking of giving up cloth with Lilly. She has started to get to the stage where she has bladder control and holds in the wee and then floods her nappies. Pockets and AIOs were no longer coping with the massive wees so I have got rid of all her pockets (all but one Weenotions one which I can't bear to part with :oops: ). I thought changing to fitteds and wool was an option so I have been replacing her stash with fitteds. I had to make do with fleece for a while, while I got some funds together for some wool to try - it wasn't brilliant though as even the fleece was always a bit damp (and that's with changing every couple of hours).

I finally got some wool and tried it the other night, over a WNNN. It worked great, the nappy was pretty wet in the morning but the wool was dry on the outside - however Lilly seems to react to wool quite badly :-( she had an awful rash which was even bleeding in places, she was so sore :(

So I don't know what to do, I'm wondering whether to just sell the rest of her stash and just keep her in sposies until she PTs. It's getting to the stage where every time we go out, I am constantly worrying that she's going to leak (and we are getting leaks a LOT).

What should I do? I'd still have Jake in cloth so it's not saying goodbye to fluff completely but still :-( I hate sposies and I love pretty girly fluff! Hellllp

Oh and plus I have ordered her a large girly OWW in the co-op which I'm thinking maybe I need to change to a medium boyish one... (or just put the girly one on Jake :oops: )

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Thinking of giving up cloth with Lilly :-( what to do?

Postby tanya » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:10 pm

We gave up with cloth on Bella (except nights - there is no sposie made that could contain Bella's mega-wees!!) for the last 4-5 months before she potty trained. I just couldn't keep the fleece/wool dry, didn't have enough wool/fleece to change the outer layer at every change and TBH, just got very fed up with it all.

I don't think there's any harm in using sposies for the last few months. I know it's not as pretty as fluff, but it does the job and that's what is needed!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:10 pm

:hug: :hug:

I had exactly the same problem with Sandy recently. We had finally got over most of the rash issues (pockets and any non natural materials), but the fitting problem (he has slimmed right down) and power weeing were a nightmare. He was dry or hours then would power wee right through his fitted and wool bottoms. He would also go red raw if I didn't change him within 2 minutes of a poo in cloth. I'm sad to say I've now got him full time in sposies, I had tred everything and there wasn't really any other option as he doesn't have the understanding for potty training yet.

I did feel bad, but he was in cloth from 8 weeks so I feel he has done his bit :) plus like you I still have a little one in cloth so I can get my fix that way.

It's a difficult one :hug:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:24 pm

Hmm, I think I might keep her in cloth overnight, I can keep her lovely new WNNN then :D only thing is if she reacts to wool then I dont know what else to use, I dont know if fleece would hold up overnight.

Jenna we have the same problem with poos too, I have to change her INSTANTLY otherwise she gets red raw :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:26 pm

I have to change Jake immediately too - it's a pain when Bella wants something at that moment, but she has to wait!

Rachel - I could use fleece overnight with Bella, but if you are unsure about it, why not use a fleece soaker and then some (f)/longies over the top? Double layer for extra security.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:26 pm

rachymoo wrote:Hmm, I think I might keep her in cloth overnight, I can keep her lovely new WNNN then :D only thing is if she reacts to wool then I dont know what else to use, I dont know if fleece would hold up overnight.

try fleece, you coul also put a fleece blanket under her bottom half on top of the sheet as a back up . :hug:

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm having a smilar issue with DD. She needs to be changed every hour and a half or so at the mo or we have leaks. Fair enough, I can cope with that. But the elastic or her nappies is now irritating the eczema she has on her legs to the extent that it bleeds sometimes. I asked her which nappy she wanted to put on after her bath this evening (as I usually do) and she went and got a sposie telling me the cloth ones made her sore. So she's gone to bed in that. I love my cloth nappies, but I'm not going to keep putting her in them if they're hurting her, KWIM?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:31 pm

i have recently threw in the towel with Ruairidh as well. His power wees and just constant checking were driving me mentaj. I have sold all but 2 of his nappies now and he is in full time disposables now :( i'm not keen but i couldn't cope with it anymore.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Pul wraps? Maybe a weenotions one with a fleece outer? At the end Sophie lived in magicalls, boosted bgs or boosted fitteds with wool or pul

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat