hf1

Thinking of giving up cloth with Lilly :-( what to do?

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Thinking of giving up cloth with Lilly :-( what to do?

Postby choccylisa » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:56 pm

We have the same problem with ds2, but overnight. He seems to store it all up for overnight, at the moment we are getting up about 3-4am to change his nappy as otherwise he's soaked through and so are the two towels and bedding he sleeps on :( Amber is making us some super duper wetter night nappies in the hope they'll work, I just can't afford wool ones which apparently work really really well. We were using wool or fleece over the top as PUL rubs ds2's legs and makes his eczema flair, I just have to lanolise the wool twice before use and it lasts a week before I have to do it again.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:26 am

It does make me feel a bit better that others have been in the same situation :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:29 am

I have been in this situation with Kieren too...we battled rashes that were awful and leaks all the time, we tried pockets/AIO's, fitteds with wraps, fitteds with wool/fleece but in the end nothing was hassel free...not to mention his really nasty soya milk poo's :puke: and i threw the towel in just before darcie was born... every nap time ould result in a change of bed sheets, change of clothing etc etc and then nighttime would be the same...the carseat needed washing everytime we went out... it just got too much :( :hug: :hug:

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:58 pm

We've had to give up cloth at night too :( Just as my new HL custom orders arrived. Very upsetting but Reuben was just soaking everything and anything. I think he saves up his wees for night times. We get occasional leaks in the day (I change him every 1.5 hours) but I just try not to tell DH or he moans. Reubes wees through some sposies some night too so I just think he's a super dooper wetter! :hug: :hug:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 pm

I've probably asked this before but why don't you want to PT her? If she has that kind of bladder control then it should be easy enough. TBH when Martha got to that stage we had leaks in Pampers as well as cloth - the wees are just too big for any nappy to cope with the flood. But it means that they can cope with being trained. Worth a try at least for a few days to see how you get on.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:54 am

Oh it's not that I don't want to PT her, I am trying desperately lol! I let her go nappy free in the house and keep asking her, putting her on the potty/toilet etc, she just never does anything on the toilet but a few minutes later will wee on the floor (at which point I just say 'oh dear, a little accident, wee wees go in the toilet now' or something along those lines lol). I don't know what I'm doing wrong tbh x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:06 am

Rach your not doing anything wrong hun :hug: I can't see how old Lilly is but Megan had bladder control a while before pt'ing...they are all different :hug:

Eta Megan was 2 years 8 months when she asked for big girl knickers and we never looked back :)

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:53 am

Exactly what Tory said, Sandy has had some bladder control for a while now but there is no way he is ready to pt yet.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:46 pm

rachymoo wrote:Oh it's not that I don't want to PT her, I am trying desperately lol! I let her go nappy free in the house and keep asking her, putting her on the potty/toilet etc, she just never does anything on the toilet but a few minutes later will wee on the floor (at which point I just say 'oh dear, a little accident, wee wees go in the toilet now' or something along those lines lol). I don't know what I'm doing wrong tbh x

Ah we had that too and had to give up and try again a couple of months later. Plus of course PTing doesn't solve your night problems either. You're not doing anything wrong, when they're ready it's easy.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat