hf1

You know you have too many nappies when.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: You know you have too many nappies when.

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:40 am

I don't feel so bad now!
We have about 18 blueberry pockets for nursery
and about 20 fitteds plus 10 night nappies. I do still have about the same number of m/l and mediums but they are in storage until we have another baby so I don't count those :giggle:

Now wool, that's a different story... :giggle:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:41 am

Hannahboo wrote:Come on then share your secret on how you get so many nappies without your DHs going mad :hohoho:

I pay for each and every one myself!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:46 am

Miss_Purple wrote:
Hannahboo wrote:Come on then share your secret on how you get so many nappies without your DHs going mad :hohoho:

Me too - but DH knows about all the nappies & seen the list of them on the computer!
(I think he's secretly an addict too!!! :giggle: Plus he's keen on us getting another sling !!! )

Miss Purple - not counting the mediums/ larges in storage or your woolies is cheating!! :giggle:

Confess all!!!!!!

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 am

docmaggoo wrote:
Miss_Purple wrote:

Me too - but DH knows about all the nappies & seen the list of them on the computer!
(I think he's secretly an addict too!!! :giggle: Plus he's keen on us getting another sling !!! )

Wish I could pay for them myself but as I am now a SAHM I don't have any money so have to take everything out of our joint account :(

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 am

I too am a SAHM and we only have a joint account...

I buy and sell alot so i rarely take money out of the bank account but if i want to then DH is usually ok with it (depending on our finances that month) ...i dont go out much, dont smoke, dont drink etc and nappies are my hobby for now so he is generally fine with it. Every now and then i transfer some paypal funds into the bank acc to keep him happy :wink: I think im lucky that he is just really ok with it and he is happy for me to spend as much as we have to spend...some months thats nothing and some months i can get away with it... Plus i do remind him every now and then how much it would cost per month in sposies (nappies and wipes) and that usually helps keep him on side since he likes the 're-sale' factor of cloth nappies :wine:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 am

megansmummy wrote:

I too am a SAHM and we only have a joint account...

I buy and sell alot so i rarely take money out of the bank account but if i want to then DH is usually ok with it (depending on our finances that month) ...i dont go out much, dont smoke, dont drink etc and nappies are my hobby for now so he is generally fine with it. Every now and then i transfer some paypal funds into the bank acc to keep him happy :wink: I think im lucky that he is just really ok with it and he is happy for me to spend as much as we have to spend...some months thats nothing and some months i can get away with it... Plus i do remind him every now and then how much it would cost per month in sposies (nappies and wipes) and that usually helps keep him on side since he likes the 're-sale' factor of cloth nappies :wine:

I have so much to sell but never get round to actually doing it :roll:

We are saving to put a deposit down on a house at the moment so I know money is tighter than usual. Just taking me a while to get used to not having 'my own' money :giggle: He does really like the idea of cloth and I do keep saying we need more so maybe I should just order some, to be honest I probably over think things and he wouldn't be bothered if I bought them, just strange now that I dont have an income almost feel as if I have to ask for money :hohoho: Like you I dont smoke/drink/buy many clothes for myself/haven't been on a night out since Darcy was born. I just used to be a nightmare with spending money and got myself into debt before meeting DH and he has always been good at saving so we strike a good balance :D

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:51 am

megansmummy wrote:
I buy and sell alot so i rarely take money out of the bank account but if i want to then DH is usually ok with it (depending on our finances that month) ...i dont go out much, dont smoke, dont drink etc and nappies are my hobby for now so he is generally fine with it

DH is the same with me with 'nappies' as a hobby. Cannot remember the last night out we had?
I get most of my clothes from supermarkets or charity shop (I actually prefer them)
Most of our nappies are preloved. I think they are brill quality, great value money-wise, already up to maximum absorbancy - and even better for the environment! The ones that were James' & are now Eleanors are on their 3rd babies bottom (If not more!!)

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ellemonkey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:05 pm

My DH is waiting for me to get baby a custom WN. He likes the carpe diem on cuddlesoft.

I stopped buying shoes, sold 90% of my clothes (I had 4 wardrobes full) and replaced them with nappies, which we can re-use on baby #4, #5 or #6.

He see's the logic in this.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Had a chat with hubby via Skype earlier and said I need more nappies and dropped in pros of having more for next babies and would never need to buy sposies again and he just casually said ok, just take whatever you need out of the account :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Maybe I was just thinking into it a bit more with him always going on about cutting our costs, but in the long run cloth will save us money :) Was pay day today so think he is feeling rich :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat