hf1

I'm sad, I've lost the love for my cloth nappies

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: I'm sad, I've lost the love for my cloth nappies

Postby Mareth » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 pm

I think when they're older 4 hours is probably easy, but at 3 months, no way. I was changing Rhys much more often and at least once, normally twice through the night. They just drink so much and have no bladder control at all at that age.

My avatar
shellbean
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shellbean » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Do you wake them to change them? He usually sleeps through or just wakes for the dreaded dummy? I'd have to set an alarm for the middle of the night and I don't think OH would be very happy if I started doing that lol

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:06 pm

shellbean wrote:Do you wake them to change them? He usually sleeps through or just wakes for the dreaded dummy? I'd have to set an alarm for the middle of the night and I don't think OH would be very happy if I started doing that lol

Oooh no! Never wake a sleeping baby especially at night. :wink: Even during the day sleep was more important than a dry nappy in my book. Of course if it was dirty I would change them.

I've been thinking about this and wonder whether people who use fitteds change them more often. With the pockets we always used they were fleece lined so the wet wouldn't come back to the baby's bum! So even after 4 hours with the inserts being wet (although not usually soaked through), DD and DS2 were not 'sitting' in wet as it were.

Not sure how it is with fitteds, perhaps they feel the wet more so parents change them more often?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:08 pm

oh no, don't wake him up! My son never slept more than 1.5-2 hrs in a row so I never thought about it! :D If you find disposables work at night, then perhaps that is your answer for now? I always did that at night, tbh, as my husband preferred it. I have very little idea about night nappies, but I gather you can get them very boosted so that they do last.

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:35 pm

I felt exactly the same at about the same time. My son suddenly started drinking rediculus amounts of breastmilk and the nappies I had just couldn't cope. I got really upset because I had invested so much in them and I had quite poor advice too. I got rid of almost all of the microfibre and looked for anything bamboo with some extra bamboo and hemp inserts. I got most of it preloved this time and I am still a bit annoyed with my original advice but all my nappies now work for me. Can't help with the clothes bit though as I am still struggling a bit with this. Second hand Frugi trousers are good though. It is ok to have a break and try again. I know I will now save loads of money with my new stash as it should last until PT now. Hope you manage to get a workable outcome. :hug:

My avatar
stacey10782010
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby stacey10782010 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:50 pm

shellbean wrote:A lot of the problem with the clothes is he's long and thin so things that fit his length are big every where else, add the nappy and he drowns in stuff lol.

i use babylegs,no need for jeans lol,wool longies,u can get cheap ones on here.ive found bg and wonderoos to be the best pocket for my heavy wetter :D

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat