hf1

LL bamboo have MF in :O:O

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

LL bamboo have MF in :O:O

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Did you know that?? I just made a small slit in mine to replace the back elastic and the middle layer in the nappy is a blueish coloured synthetic fluffy fibre that I can only guess is MF!! I never knew that....

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: LL bamboo have MF in :O:O

Postby wytch » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:26 pm

nope i never knew that but explains why they work for us as mf and bamboo are our stuffing of choice right now

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:39 pm

We were the first to discover that bamboo was one of the most absorbent fibres to use but when woven and made into nappies we found that it does have a tendancy to shrink. Nick searched far and wide and found a factory that would knit the fibre into our fabric, thus creating a non-shrink, non-pull bamboo nappy. You see, by using a fine microfibre for the inside of the nappy (where baby sits) it allows moisture to be drawn away from the skin. This also allows for the nappy to “spin out” in the washing machine as many bamboo nappies will take an age to dry.

From the Little Lamb's website

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:55 pm

tanya wrote:
We were the first to discover that bamboo was one of the most absorbent fibres to use but when woven and made into nappies we found that it does have a tendancy to shrink. Nick searched far and wide and found a factory that would knit the fibre into our fabric, thus creating a non-shrink, non-pull bamboo nappy. You see, by using a fine microfibre for the inside of the nappy (where baby sits) it allows moisture to be drawn away from the skin. This also allows for the nappy to “spin out” in the washing machine as many bamboo nappies will take an age to dry.

From the Little Lamb's website

Well that solves that mystery then :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 pm

You learn something new everyday :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:38 pm

yep its what makes them quicker drying than your average napppy :wink:

My avatar
sleepymummy
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sleepymummy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:35 pm

nope I didnt know that either - make sense I guess because they do dry quicker than our other bamboo nappies :cool:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat