hf1

Washing advice needed !

My avatar
Mrsmurdoch
Clothie
Clothie

Washing advice needed !

Postby Mrsmurdoch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Would really like some advice from users of cloth as everywhere I look it seems to be different !! we use mini lala, ittis and bg. They've started to get that smell (yuk!) so I'm going to do a strip down but……… this is how I was told to wash them by a friend and have done since I've owned them :

Rinse ( longest one on my washing machine )
40* wash with 1 table spoon of fairy non bio washing powder .
They are then either line dried ( weather permitting ) or put on the airer in front of the radiator ( but not touching!)

Am I doing something wrong ? Not enough powder ?! Wrong powder ?! Need an extra rinse ?! HELP LADIES !!!!! :) :) :) :)

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Washing advice needed !

Postby Cj2011 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:41 pm

I use a bit less powder, probably more like a teaspoon and I always rinse again after washing just to be sure its all rinsed out. I must admit that I sometimes put mine onto the rads to dry but never have any problem with smells. I'm not really much help :oops:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 pm

I did use Fairy Non Bio but found I got build up with that so switched to either Persil Non Bio or Tesco's Non Bio. I did try Bold but DD was sensitive to that. My washing regime was a cold rinse, 60'C cotton wash then an extra rinse using just under a tablespoon of powder. hth

My avatar
Mrsmurdoch
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mrsmurdoch » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:07 am

Yes that's great , im going to do a stripM wash today and see if that helps if not I think its going to be a change of powder , :)

My avatar
mrsspoony
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mrsspoony » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:36 am

Have you thought about using soap nuts? I'm getting great results from that. Just make sure you tie the bag securely, the first time I used them I had to pick bits off the nappies! D'oh!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 am

You definately need to do a cold rinse first (warm sets poop stains so make sure it's 30 or less), then your wash with powder (bio does work better than non) & an extra rinse then to make sure the powder is completely gone.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat