hf1

I want to try a new nappy

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

I want to try a new nappy

Postby ems101 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:08 am

We've only used BGs OS vs3/4. We prefer applix. I really didnt like closeparent pop in.

Im not sure about wraps and things. Even though we've used cloth for about a year, ive been very unadventurous, and cant really afford to be!

What would you reccomend?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: I want to try a new nappy

Postby monsterm » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 am

You have to, have to try a fitted & wool. Promise it won't be a waste of money. Dunk n fluffs are a good all rounder. Everyone gets on well with them. There is a normal wetter version & a heavy wetter. Holden's Landing are good. Fluff n stuff, puddlekins & Luscious little somethings.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:18 am

ok, talking to a nappy newbie! break it down, step by step, what do i need to buy to make it work. im a nappy simplton!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:26 am

If you like aplix nappies then Totsbots Easyfits are fab - they are also an all-in-one (with a pocket for boosting).

Monsterm is right though, fitteds and wool are brill. You just need the nappy (and a fleece liner if you use them - I do but not everone does), and the wool cover (which can be a soaker (like a wool wrap), or shorties, longies etc - these are clothes but are also a nappy cover!

Dunk n Fluff and Holdens Landing are lovely - you can order them direct as an instock or custom, or you can buy them from one of the UK nappy stores (I think Babybots and Kingdom Fluff stock both of those).

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:36 am

ems101 wrote:ok, talking to a nappy newbie! break it down, step by step, what do i need to buy to make it work. im a nappy simplton!

Have a look in the wool section. At the top, there should be a sticky about measuring for wool. Then find a soaker on classifieds that will fit. I would definately go with second hand to begin with because the wool will already be lanolised and ready to go. There should also be a thread about how to lanolise wool. It is much much much easier than it sounds & once you start using wool, you won't go back to pul wraps.

It's nice to have a mixture of fitted & pockets in a stash. The fitted work best but the pockets are user friendly for dh & grannies & when out & about.

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:20 pm

It depends on what you're looking for, personally I just tried lots of different pockets. I do like Smartipants, but if you're after something a little nicer I would suggest looking at some of the weenotions one size. They do come up on classifieds every now and again and I think they're lovely.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat