hf1

truely horrible nappy experience...i had a leak! (TMI)

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

truely horrible nappy experience...i had a leak! (TMI)

Postby Shevi » Wed May 30, 2007 11:05 pm

hi all,
poor Zacharia seems to have a sore tummy. icky nappies all day, and scary rash that wasn't there one chnge and next change (2 hrs later) was bright red and hot and shiny, and he's been a little velcro like...so the fuzzi contained fine, as did the BG's and the swaddlebee ov os... but then post bath (earlier than usual tonight as plumber was coming at 6ish to fix the bits that leaked thru my kitchen lights last night!) i stuck him in a boosted bambeasy, and the wool shorties, to try to make him a little less ore.....big mistake.
i gave him his bottle....and then realised he needed changing...had a kiwi qf to hand (thank goodness, as i could have been out of nappies too!) removed the shorties...which were absolutely covered in poo...that then covered his legs and feet...he then managed to get it on his hands...and on me...to i hold him at arms length to take him to bathroom to rinse it all off (it was everywhere) and then remeber that plumber has reseal whole room and cant use bath till tommorrow...aaaarrrrgggh.
Ran with screaming semi naked poo covered child to my shower where i had to lie him on the shower floor and shower him, screaming and screaming...i felt awful...and i bet he felt worse.
it took ages to calm him...and then Taneli decided he need the loo, and he can go by himself, but need help to wipe properly...turns out he has an upset tummy too.
and all this just before i was due to go out (saw pirates of the carribbean...it was fantastic) Thank goodn'ess all were calm and in bed before i left (tho i was a bit late!!)
Poor dumpling is now in a kiwi qf, folded inside out for best containment, and with no liner so it cant 'slide'...i think i may try bicarb in bath tomorrow am, and try to keep him in nappies with no wraps as much as poss
This has never happened to me in cloth before...i have no idea why it did now even...it was a semi daily occurance in sposies tho...and i keep bragging that cloth doesn't do this...
i do hope he feels better tommorrow, i'd better go to bed now, just in case he doesn't...it will be a knackring day!
Shevi

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed May 30, 2007 11:11 pm

Oh dear Shevi, all I can offer is ((((((((((big hugs)))))))))) :shock: I hate it when that happens and they've got wool on VERY messy indeed!

Hope he sleeps well for you and you get a decent sleep :)

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Thu May 31, 2007 3:36 am

Oh no shevi, what poor little mites :cry: . I hope that they both had a good restful nights sleep and that you eventually relaxed to watch your movie. Lily only just recently had a similar thing, she was pooing almost every hour so loads of icky nappies and a really bad nappy rash that needed to be seen by the doctor. So I know how it is and massive (((((())))) sent for you and the boys, and some get well vibes too :!:

Sam...

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu May 31, 2007 7:27 am

Oh babe, big hugs to you and the boys. Hope things are better today.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 31, 2007 8:15 am

((((((((Shevi))))))))), how are the boys this morning?

Imagine what the explosion would have been like in a dispo'!!!! :shock: :shock:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu May 31, 2007 8:22 am

i suppose it would have been up his back as well thru the legs!!!
it was the wool that was a real bugger! as i had to pull them down, thus covering even more of him!

This morning he is still a bit off his food, and sad, but fine is in my arms, red bottom...poor dumpling...he back to bed for a nap now, gave him an extra bottle...think i'll keep doing that today...tho i dont think he'll get dehyrated, he has been weeing for britain the last few days, at night i have had to really really boost his bamboo kiwi, and everything is still drenched in the morning.

Taneli is fine!!! also weeing for britain!, but is refusing pull ups at night...i think i will insist tonight. he doesn't seem to be off his food at all!!!!

i suppose today is a day for the baby carrier!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Thu May 31, 2007 8:42 am

Oh Shevi, poor boys! I'm glad Taneli seems better this morning. Hope Zacharia is back to himself soon.

Joanne

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat