hf1

New nappies from CNT arrived smelling of wee.

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

New nappies from CNT arrived smelling of wee.

Postby Rufies mama » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:52 pm

:( I got two fitteds in the post yesterday (LLS and HL) and they smell of wee. I've washed them at 60 degrees since they arrived and they still smell of wee :( How on earth am I going to go about stripping just two nappies without wasting a world of water and hot water at that? Really miffed :evil: I can't put second hand nappies on my baby smelling of someone else's wee!

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: New nappies from CNT arrived smelling of wee.

Postby hermya » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Oh no, thats terrible. Have you contacted the seller?

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Have you contacted the person you bought them from to give them a chance to sort it?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:59 pm

Asta wrote:Have you contacted the person you bought them from to give them a chance to sort it?

WSS, that would have been my first port of call

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:05 pm

I agree with the others

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
Asta wrote:Have you contacted the person you bought them from to give them a chance to sort it?

WSS, that would have been my first port of call

Yep, WTS. I actually have a feeling you are talking about nappies you've bought from me - I am mortified that you're unhappy with them and I wish you could have PM'd me about it before splashing it all over the forum.

As I said in my PM to you, I really don't know why they would be like that as one of them had only been used once by me anyway and they were stripped before selling. I've sold DD's whole stash recently and had no other problems. I feel absolutely terrible that someone is unhappy with something I've sold them. If you want to reply to my PM I'll do what I can to sort it for you.

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:20 pm

I've bought so many nappies lately I'm not sure who they're from... so obviously noone has been named. I'll have to have a look through my messages to find out. Either way, I have no hard feelings and was hoping that someone was going to suggest a miracle cure. I'm not attacking the seller, hence they're anonymous.

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:37 pm

if they have no pul in them soak them in half white vinegar and half water over night then wash with the normal load.
does wonders to my TOXIC night nappy. before i did this my night nappies would still smell even after a stripe wash :puke: :puke:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Actually thinking about it, if you only got them thursday then maybe they aren't ones from me after all. Mine were posted way before that. Oh well let me know.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat