hf1

Help me destash! im being a wuss

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help me destash! im being a wuss

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:04 pm

123princesssammie wrote:I was ruthless and sold the lot, thinking i wont be having another baby for a long while yet and they take up so much space, and means lots of fun building a new stash when the time comes, AND there was the thought selling all that fluff fills my PP balance up nicely for new things for the new flat, wahm clothes etc etc x

This is what I am intending to do, but nothing is shifting on classifieds unless it's mega cheap, and I'd rather hang onto stuff in-case I have another girl rather than sell it for peanuts. I'd list stuff at higher prices if you really love it, then you feel like you're being good but they most likely won't sell so you get to keep them :giggle:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:23 am

Miss_Purple wrote:
123princesssammie wrote:I was ruthless and sold the lot, thinking i wont be having another baby for a long while yet and they take up so much space, and means lots of fun building a new stash when the time comes, AND there was the thought selling all that fluff fills my PP balance up nicely for new things for the new flat, wahm clothes etc etc x

This is what I am intending to do, but nothing is shifting on classifieds unless it's mega cheap, and I'd rather hang onto stuff in-case I have another girl rather than sell it for peanuts. I'd list stuff at higher prices if you really love it, then you feel like you're being good but they most likely won't sell so you get to keep them :giggle:

There is a Facebook cloth selling page, preloved ......... Can't remember the full name, but things seem to shift on there quite quickly and for a decent price too :wink: x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:08 pm

ok being brave LL are going :cry: :cry: jeez get a grip! Its going to be at least 2 years til we have a baby so when time comes im going get some terries for newborn phase and some preloved fancy fitteds on here. (how sad to be planning newborn stash without even ttc) :giggle:

SO thats smalls sorted in my head

I am keeping 3 BTP just coz i love them raven tree are fabulous and she isnt making any more i think so gotta keep them! and a WN one size with matching t keeping.

Mediums I only have 2 DNF LWI so keeping them :D

Larges ,most are going ! :shock: as wont be used for 3 years at least. BUT :lol: .. keeping a few spesh ones........

nappy fairy wn
nappy fairy longies with a lls that happens to match
LLS 1 day fitted and 2 night nappies(still using)
3 large minkis ( still using)
2 DNF
2 raven tree night nappies (still using)
4 LE ittis because they are LE :oops: got rid of all plains
1 UD embroidered pocket with matching tee

OK so I am keeping No smalls 3BTP, 2 Med, 9 large :oops: and 7 NN (will still be used)

I think thats pretty good :lol: selling /giving away my 10 LL, all small wraps,all wipes and boosters,some larges.

sorry i know this is boring but i have struggled with this as the sentimental value :cry: daft eh? didnt feel upset when she outgrew/PT'd just sad now silly moo!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:52 pm

It's not daft, I am terrible for keeping things for sentimental value, but then go through ruthless phases & try & declutter then. Anything not sentimental value I have no issue getting rid of though.

Well Done on what you've sorted so far! :wine:

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:23 pm

littlesez >:D< I got similar problem, selling some of my :wink: pretties and that makes me so sad and kind of :x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:47 pm

We moved house a couple of months ago and I didn't get around to sedlling on Iris' fluff. So Callum's stash is now increasingly pink. :hohoho: He so rocks flowers. :cool:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat