Dyed boosters running?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Dyed boosters running?

Postby mudita » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi
Not sure were this question should go, really, but...

I purchased some preloved bamboo boosters that had been dyed by the seller. They looked very nice, but I used one for the first time today, and I am glad I put a fleece liner over top as the dye ran onto the nappy and would have run onto my little one's skin.

It wasn't a massive amount, but still, I am now not sure what to do with them--don't want to put in to my regular washing or my nappy wash. I am not sure if this is just excess dye or dye that has not set.

Anyone know what the best thing to do is? There are only 4 of them, so don't want to run a load with only them.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Dyed boosters running?

Postby monsterm » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:34 pm

I would ask the seller. Did she just dye them or had she been using them a while? Seems odd that they are preloved & the dye is running :-?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:18 pm

I will, they did look freshly dyed to me...

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Soozi » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Wash them 5 times by hand with washing up liquid and hot water . Hopefully its just dye run off and will stop. If the dye is still coming off then its likely the dye hasnt been fixed properly.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:44 pm

thanks! will try that in morning.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:31 am

looks like it was just excess dye, 2 hand washes and now seem to be fine! thanks! am going to put them in with a load of dark towels just to be sure they are truly rinsed now...

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat