hf1

Is using cloth really cheaper?

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Is using cloth really cheaper?

Postby Rebeccar75 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Oh dear.. Using cloth is meant to be the cheaper option but all the nappies are soooo cute that I can't stop buying more and more :giggle: :babyroll:

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Is using cloth really cheaper?

Postby mangajude » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:41 pm

:giggle: !

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:45 pm

LOL! It CAN be cheaper but for most of us addicts, no it's probably not - I don't tell my DP that though :giggle:

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:47 pm

:giggle: know what you mean :giggle:

I just hope that I can sell them all on after for similar prices, then it will be cheaper :thumbsup: otherwise its just gonna be prettier :wink:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:48 pm

:giggle: :giggle:
Probably only if you have no.2 and s/he's the same sex as no.1, so you get to use all your gorgeous nappies a second time round :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm not sure how much it costs to use disposables but I don't think you would save any money but hopefully you won't spend much more than disposables and you also get some money back when selling on or using for a second baby :D

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Wellllll the pretties don't come cheap, but if you buy carefully, and keep your fluff in good condition, you can sell it on and regain a good proportion of the original purchase price, so in that sense I think you can buy gorgeous fluff and still come out better off than if you used sposies :D

For me it's not just about cost though, the environmental, health and cute factors are all more important.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:22 pm

We've stuck to a fairly basic stash throughout. We have a few pretties, but when Rhys was in nappies our basic was bamboozles and I'll use them on the next one too if we ever have another. I've supplemented with a few minki night nappies and a few WN pockets etc, and some wool, but still, I'd say yes, ours have worked out cheaper.
There's also the massive benefit of never having that panic of no nappies left and shops being closed or not having the money to go out and buy some. Your cloth is always there and you can't run out :D

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:51 am

One of the main reasons that we considered cloth is because it can be cheaper.
We've stuck to TB Flexitots with nice wraps and wool. I'm going to buy some WNNN but even with those I might have spent about £350 which is massively cheaper than sposies. Especially as I plan to use them on future children.

I am finding myself getting sucked into the world of pretties though :-? :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat