hf1

How tight should they really be?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

How tight should they really be?

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:26 am

I never know how tight to do up Stanleys nappies? Especially his front snapping ones. DH goes mad at me that they are too tight because when i sit him up his fat belly spills over the nappy and it looks liek it is digging in.
On my (small) OWW's when i don't cross the tabs we get tad of leg gape and they are quite loose round the tum, When I do cross the tabs they fit well but when sat up they just look uncomfy??
Stanley has thin legs and a huge fat belly. He has a slim waist then it balloons out like a football :hohoho:
He doesn't get red marks or compain?

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: How tight should they really be?

Postby Asta » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:27 am

Esmé always complained if it was too tight so I'm not sure!

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:29 am

I always do Erin's nappies up tight enough so that when I lift her up they don't look like they're gaping around the legs & waist or look like they're about to fall down! :roll:
She's also a bum shuffler, rather than a crawler, so her nappies have to be done up fairly tight to stop them being dragged off when she shuffles across the carpet.
She's also got a podgy pot belly and gets belly over hang over the top of her nappy but it doesn't seem to bother her. I figure as long as she's comfy with it, then I'll carry on doing it up as tight as I have been :lookround:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:37 am

doobykat wrote:I always do Erin's nappies up tight enough so that when I lift her up they don't look like they're gaping around the legs & waist or look like they're about to fall down!

I do similar. Eleanor is starting to properly wriggle across the rug/baby gym. If the nappy is too loose & she's having 'legs out' time with just her nappy & tshirt - then she can wriggle out the nappy & end up with a builders bum! :giggle:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat