hf1

Why are my Flexitots very different from each other?

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Why are my Flexitots very different from each other?

Postby macmomo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:42 pm

I bought some size 2 V2 Flexitots from this site and from the nappy lady, really liked them and so bought some more from a lovely lady on this site. I am sure they are all V2s because they are all poppered in the front for sizing.

However, the newest ones have a very long pile fleece to the folding inner layer whereas the other ones have much shorter pile fleece. They are really quite different. I have bought all of the nappies unused (as I said, one was from the nappy lade website, too). Why would they be so different? The newer ones are seriously bulky as a result. Any ideas? (I'm not suggesting the lady I bought from has ripped me off.)

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Why are my Flexitots very different from each other?

Postby macmomo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm

someone must know if tots bots have recently changed the Flexitot?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:11 pm

I had 2 of the old style flexitots and they too had slightly different inners. One seemed to have a longer pile than the other. Turned out when I asked, tots bots had changed the inner material.
If you've bought these new St around the same time. I'm not sure why yours would be different. Mine were bought some time apart.
Might be worth asking tots bots?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:49 pm

I have two V2 size 2 and they have the long pile inside....but I assumed it was how they came as I only have these two!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:08 am

I have got 15 Flexitots and one of them has long pile. They were all bought new in May so I have no idea why they are different.
I have found that the longer pile Flexitot is more bulky but far more absorbant. I use it as a first morning nappy as Ed pees for England when he wakes up. This morning I wasn't quite quick enough and had to get my husband up at 6 so that I could change the sheets :D

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm just so surprised that no one else has mentioned on this forum (that I've seen) - they're very different nappies! The long pile ones are definitely more absorbent but they're considerably more bulky and I wouldn't have wanted them for that reason. I use them as nap nappies now but I wanted something a bit slimmer to be honest. Boo!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:39 am

Macmomo, how many of the long pile ones do you have? I'd be happy to swap a few short pile for long pile. Pm me if you're interested.

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:18 am

will have a look when back after holidays :wave:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat