hf1

DnF poppers in dryer

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

DnF poppers in dryer

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:10 pm

help! i've never used a dryer before and put 2 dunk n fluffs and about DnF 5 inserts in the washer/dryer we're borrowing. the inserts and one nappy are fine, the other nappy the poppers won't click together at waist/hips :cry: . they don't appear out of shape/bent/broken/melted at all. the dryer doesn't have a temp option, so guess it was on pretty hot. but everyrthing else came out still working.

any ideas? i don't have enough nappies that work at the moment to have one out of action. i'm tempted to do abit of light bashing with a hammer to see if i can get them to click together...but i'd probably end up bending them :-?

No idea if it could be a batch issue - thee one that came out fine was from the last coop so still very new, the other one that's not working is from earlier in the year, maybe around feb

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: DnF poppers in dryer

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:53 pm

MIL swears by doing up poppers on everything that goes in the dryer as she says the heat can deform the poppers - personally I've never had this problem though...

Sorry not very helpful!!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Are they quite new?
I had this with a new DnF after a couple of washes, Tami thinks she had some faulty snaps, I'd send her an email & she'll tell you how to get them fixed x

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:04 pm

I had that and I just used my snap tool to press them again and they seem fine. If you want to post them to me I don't mind doing it for you if you don't have one or anyone who lives locally who does, just send me a PM :wink:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat