hf1

What's the 'co-op' then?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: What's the 'co-op' then?

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:32 pm

The online chat doesn't wrk very well on my mobile, so I'm only on there for more than a minute once in a while.

Daily chat mostly happens whilst I am work, so you will probably only get to see me with a sort of 'I'm running late' or 'lurky from worky' message.

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm going to sounds daft (and completely OT now!) but where is the chat?
I suppose it'll be easy to post more often once I get into the swing of things and get to know people, but at the beginning it's quite daunting!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:49 pm

Its called different things every day :giggle: Its moaning monday today I think. its in General chat, but I never look at the forum that way I use the new chatter option and find it that way. Then you can see when others have addedn new chatter to threads

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:51 pm

katyav wrote:I'm going to sounds daft (and completely OT now!) but where is the chat?
I suppose it'll be easy to post more often once I get into the swing of things and get to know people, but at the beginning it's quite daunting!

Look at the top above the banner where the Classifieds etc is, chat is on there.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 pm

You know I never knew there was a chat! I thought it was odd that there wasn't more 'general' chat on here.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:05 pm

I stopped going on daily chat when it stopped being a chat and became more of a mini blog of what each person was doing with their day... - People stopped talking to each other...
I remember when personals on chat were easy too ;)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I stopped going on daily chat when it stopped being a chat and became more of a mini blog of what each person was doing with their day... - People stopped talking to each other...
I remember when personals on chat were easy too ;)

Yep i sort of left off from chat when it became the log senario too...i remember posting on the daily chat thread about it becuase I had posted upset about something and no one took any notice of it...people just carried on making statements :oops: Daily chat used to be a real log of chatter/personals/conversation etc Maybe we could get it back that way :wink: I felt like i knew everyone much better then...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Yeah that happened to me more than a few times - and then everytime I tried to get back into it it was worse!!

Hope we can get it back :)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:57 pm

When I first joined I didn't even realise there was much of a chat section and then when I found it I didn't really know who anyone was (or their real names sometimes) but posting on specific threads in other areas of the forum got me more familiar with who everyone was.

I think what happened with Daily Chat was that it became almost too popular for a while - I remember signing on at work and having to make a note of who had posted what in order to do personals, and it could run to 20+ people at 9 am in the morning! When it gets that hard to keep track it's no wonder people stopped responding to other's posts.

It used to get very busy in the evening, which is when a lot of the "chat" used to happen - the trouble with the "chatroom" now is that if it gets busy you can easily have no clue about what is going on, whereas in Daily you could always read back to catch up.

I hardly ever go in the chatroom now as there's way too much talk about nappies for me :hohoho: :hohoho:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat