hf1

What's the 'co-op' then?

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: What's the 'co-op' then?

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:41 pm

macmomo wrote:Why the random number of posts required? Seems it encourages me to just post rubbish in order to make the 250 posts. My LO will be PT before I reach 250. :|

I think it's very important that the post number be quite high as there is a large level of trust involved for the mod organising it. She really does need to know she's not going to get scammed by someone, and believe me that does happen, sadly :(

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:06 pm

Also being part of the coop I feel is a privilege. If a member were to start spamming or posting loads of random threads I don't think they would be allowed to participate in the coops. So I would not advise that.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:17 pm

I think 250 is actually quite low!

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Asta wrote:I think 250 is actually quite low!

It was for me, I think it took me just over a fortnight to get in private members, but then I'm a chatterbox and a nosy moo so liked to post on loads of threads, getting to know every body's business. Had more time back in those days with just the one few month old baby ;) It'd probably take me more like 6 weeks to get there these days :lol:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:11 pm

indigosky2k wrote:
Asta wrote:I think 250 is actually quite low!

It was for me, I think it took me just over a fortnight to get in private members, but then I'm a chatterbox and a nosy moo so liked to post on loads of threads, getting to know every body's business. Had more time back in those days with just the one few month old baby ;) It'd probably take me more like 6 weeks to get there these days :lol:

It didn't take me long at all either, I joined CNT in Feb and didn't join in with chatting properly in the forum until around May I think and now have over 400 posts :wine:

I agree that the minimum posts is a good thing otherwise anyone could come on and place orders but never pay, as others have said it is a privilege to be included :D

I don't think there is going to be a DnF co-op until later in the year as I am looking for some too so you have plenty of time to build up to 250 posts before then! x

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:21 pm

250 posts isn't really that many, there's a certain level of trust involved in a co-op where personal details like names and addresses, email addresses etc are shared and Mods need to know the things that are ordered will be paid for. One of the mods pointed out on another thread that they have final say over who they think is a regular member and whether they can join the c-ops, so if you were to just start posting random nonsense (like one word posts or smiley faces or something :lol: ) to build up your posts they wouldn't really count :wink: Just get chatting and you'll rack up those posts in no time :D

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:30 pm

gayleygoo wrote: Just get chatting and you'll rack up those posts in no time :D

They do soon rack up! I hadn't got many before my mat leave - but when Eleanor decided to sleep 24/7 for 4 1/2 weeks after she was born - the posts soon mounted up! :) (and the chatterbox in me came out!)

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:54 pm

It does depend a bit on how much time you have to spend on the computer - and how much access to the internet you have, we don't all have broadband out here in the sticks! I would have expected to pay up front for anything ordered, but I do totally understand the point about trust. Oh well, I'll get my DnF from the classifieds then! Thanks for filling me in, maybe I'll qualify in a year's time (it's taken me since February to get to the 50 mark) :lol:

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 am

I just find that I never have anything interesting to say, or that hasn't been said already... :oops:
eta: it probably doesn't help that my LO doesn't think she needs to nap during the day so I hardly get any free time!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat