hf1

What's the 'co-op' then?

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: What's the 'co-op' then?

Postby indigosky2k » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:57 am

katyav wrote:I just find that I never have anything interesting to say, or that hasn't been said already... :oops:
eta: it probably doesn't help that my LO doesn't think she needs to nap during the day so I hardly get any free time!

See this is why I think it's a shame that daily chat isn't as popular as I once was, mainly since the introduction of the Chat facility. I'd never had got to 250 posts as quickly if it weren't for that, and we really did post everything about our daily life. These ' :wave: :bf: ' kind of posts could be frequently seen and ' :wave: lurky from worky' was another ;) for those if us who were often on catching up on our friends we'd made. That was hiw I came to feel part of the community and get to know other members and their families. The mods were always frequent posters in those threads too, so they got to know newbies that way, then when you got your 250 posts and got access to the private area you knew loads already about people and were generally well known. Becoming part of the community of CNT makes it much easier for any mod who organises a coop to feel safe in the knowledge that she knows who you are.

I do know how those who struggle to make the post count feel as I can't even make the minimum post count to take part in FSOT on other forums and that's usually only 50 posts and I certainly know how to talk, it's just that this was my first real forum and I have made so many friends that even when I'm not spending much time online I have to pop in here and have a nosy :oops: :giggle:

Maybe we should make a real effort to resurrect daily chat so that new members can get more involved in the community of Cloth Nappy Tree :cnthug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Remember the night daily chat got to 32 pages I think it was when Steph went into labour with Grace :giggle: as far as I remember the forum went down for a bit so we all went over to fb!!

Chat is quiet in the evening just now as well

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:06 pm

indigosky2k wrote:
Asta wrote:I think 250 is actually quite low!

It was for me, I think it took me just over a fortnight to get in private members, but then I'm a chatterbox and a nosy moo so liked to post on loads of threads, getting to know every body's business. Had more time back in those days with just the one few month old baby ;) It'd probably take me more like 6 weeks to get there these days :lol:

I think 250 posts is really low for access for the members only and co-op sections...It really doesnt take much to get to 250 posts and I have seen people post random posts when its so obvious they are just upping their post count rather than contributing to the community becuase they want to get to know members etc.... :-?

I miss the pages and pages of daily chat! :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:17 pm

indigosky2k wrote:Maybe we should make a real effort to resurrect daily chat so that new members can get more involved in the community of Cloth Nappy Tree :cnthug:

megansmummy wrote:I miss the pages and pages of daily chat! :giggle:

There's nothing stopping people posting on the daily chat thread more :wink:

Kirstyh wrote:Remember the night daily chat got to 32 pages I think it was when Steph went into labour with Grace :giggle: as far as I remember the forum went down for a bit so we all went over to fb!!

Chat is quiet in the evening just now as well

I rarely even look on chat anymore, too cliquey for me.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Absolutly Louise, infact this thread made me go post on daily chat! I really used to enjoy knowing what everyone was up to :)

Im not a 'chat' fan either really :oops:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:21 pm

I often got to daily chat too late and then struggled to remember who had said what and didn't want to wade in with my kind of self centred rambles :oops:

I agree that 250 isn't hard. I only really started chatting on here about 8 months ago despite joining years ago and have racked up a fair amount now.

I find hitting new chatter means you get all the recent threads rather than picking a forum post and trying to go from there :wink:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:26 pm

I just find chat too fast. My brain doesn't work that fast any more :oops:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm

I also think if you use other bits of the forum for parenting help, like the feeding board, the baby and toddler pages, etc and not just sit and chat about cloth, though obviously that is why we're all here :giggle: Also lots of posts are made up in the photo album, showing off our lovely fluff, gorgeous kids and then telling each other how lovely everything is :mrgreen:

I stopped going on daily chat when people seemed to stop 'chatting' and just posted about what they were up to, rather than offering each other support. It used to be the first port of call if you needed a hug or had had one of :x :x :x those days :giggle:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:32 pm

indigosky2k wrote:I also think if you use other bits of the forum for parenting help, like the feeding board, the baby and toddler pages, etc and not just sit and chat about cloth, though obviously that is why we're all here :giggle: Also lots of posts are made up in the photo album, showing off our lovely fluff, gorgeous kids and then telling each other how lovely everything is :mrgreen:

I stopped going on daily chat when people seemed to stop 'chatting' and just posted about what they were up to, rather than offering each other support. It used to be the first port of call if you needed a hug or had had one of :x :x :x those days :giggle:

Yep ive prob posted more bfing stuff than nappies :hohoho: Or even just looking at all the gorgeous kiddies and leaving a comment.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat