hf1

Mummies of cloth nappy boy's.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Mummies of cloth nappy boy's.

Postby teganplus2 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:39 pm

what clothes fit over that adorable big cloth nappy bum???

Not an issue yet as for the last two days (since we went into cloth) all my baba's have had on is nappies, with my tiny big girl also sporting some rather fetching baby legs to save her knees when crawling but I'm guessing there may come a time when I actually have to cover their clothed bums with clothes :giggle: my girlies are not an issue cos they can obviously wear dresses and baby legs but I can't imagine much fitting over my baby boy's big cloth bum???

Toni
xxx

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Mummies of cloth nappy boy's.

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Everything if you buy them in the right place. I make most of his clothes now (being a wahm) but I tended to dress him in sleepsuits most of the time. I found that the supermarket clothes had the biggest amount of room. Asda and matalan were my faves. I loived next for the quality tho there was less room than asdas stuff. You could just venture down the wool path and use longies instead of trousers :wink: then all you need to worry about are tops

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:07 pm

supermarkets worled best for us
next is also good

i found gap, boots & mothercare a bit tight over the nappy

but my DS was super skinny compared to his leg length, so the cloth bum helped keep him trousers up!

dungarees are perfect for cloth bottoms!
you could always try some wool longies/shorties - they'll be ideal too!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:20 pm

I find Tesco clothes fit well over cloth - in fact if he is in sposies the length of trousers is right but the waist is huuuuge.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Lucas lives in sets like this:
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kids/baby/newbornboysapparel/sets/PRD~832180/Carters+Monkey+Turn+Me+Around+Bodysuit+Set++Newborn.jsp

as he's very long but slim, and these trousers stretch well over nappies. Ryan was the same (but a bit wider :giggle: ) at this age! Those jersey/cotton dungarees you can get for babies are good too as they stretch. With Ryan I used a lot of sleepsuits still, but Lucas is so long and skinny that the length he needs are just too baggy right now!

As he grows I found M&S good for older baby/toddler. If he can do short and wide type trousers then Frugi is very good. They're just too wide and not long enough for us though.... I always went for jeans/trousers with the jersey waistband as they don't dig in as much as button ones.

And also stalk the Spider Stitches thread for when Ant opens up customs as her clothes are FAB!! :widesmile:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Sainsbury's or Tesco's here too, some primark stuff fits and next too. Mothercare trousers were always too low in the rise.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:35 pm

We use longies or flongies. Or jersey material trousers - sometimes I need to go up a size, depending on the shop.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:45 pm

thanks ladies :hug:

my little boy is long and thin too (definately doesn't get that from me :giggle: ) so maybe cloth has another advantage in that it will keep his trousers up (everything that we had tried on him up to now fit him in lthe leg but has been huge around his waist (didn't even cross my mind that cloth would help in that respect)
It just seems such a shame to cover up that gorgeous cloth bum :hohoho:
Am taking them all for some professional photos tomorrow and they will def just be in nappies

xxx

My avatar
vickyblanken
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby vickyblanken » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Ive started making fleecy longies for my boy as he's big anyway and we've no hope when it comes to buying trousers!! Plus you can make a lot funkier designs and it's cheaper too! X

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat