hf1

Rant about MIL & my mum :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Rant about MIL & my mum :(

Postby tanya » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:06 am

Okay, so you all know Bella is staying with the MIL at the moment. We took loads of nappies with us and pre-stuffed them all, to make it nice and easy for her. I tried to explain them to her, but she looked so blank at me - I think this was put-on as she is by no means stupid, she just thinks sposies are easier.

She was intending to take Bella out for days, and I know how scary cloth can be for days out if you are not used to it, so I said she could use sposies if she wanted. She had to buy them though. What I also said was she should use the cloth nappies when she was at home, and she HAD to use cloth at night. This is because, in the past before we used cloth, Bella out-wee'd every disposable we ever used at night, and came cloth to bursting the gel packs.

I've just had a message from DH saying Bella has been full-time in sposies since we left her :( I am so not impressed. Why can she not follow simple instructions? Especially considering she makes such a song and dance about always doing what the parents want when she looks after either of the grand-children.

You might also recall that Bella is a particularly bad eater. We gave MIL instructions for how much she should be fed and when. She's also ignoring that.

DH won't do anything about it.

On top of all this, Bella is going to my parents this afternoon, who will follow our instructions regarding food and nappies (as they understand why we are saying what we do), but my parents have a very permissive attitude towards the actions of grand-children and I worry about what Bella will get up to, and the influence of my 2 (completely out-of-control) nephews on her.

I'm at home with Bella all next week (thank G-d). I just hope the events of this week don't make her a nightmare to deal with. I've been soooo looking forward to my time with her.

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Rant about MIL & my mum :(

Postby Pinchette » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:17 am

>:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

I think it's completely out of order but unfortunately, the older generation often seem to think that we have nothing to teach them and that because "they've lived" they're always right.

I hope that Bella does some very stinky poos in her smelly disposable and that you MIL gets a noseful of the smell. :hohoho: :twisted:

A

My avatar
millercl_6
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby millercl_6 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:05 am

ohh poor you big >:D< my mil is the complete same not on nappies but what ever i say she does the oppisite and dh never says anything on the other hand my mum understands everything i say bloomin mil :evil:

enjoy next week with the lil one

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:06 am

People (whoever they are) should always respect the parent wishes, and it really isn't that difficult to use cloth nappies :roll: I can understand your frustration

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:59 pm

>:D< >:D< >:D< Hope you can get Bella back to normal next week, but surely they realise you do things the way you do for a reason :shock:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:47 am

Well, it appears the way they have been feeding her has been a success. She's trying new foods and eating quite well. She even had weetabix for breakfast this morning, which we have tried with her in the past and she didn't like. Although my MIL has completely wrecked her bath, bottle, bed routine, by giving her a bottle an hour before bed :( Hopefully, that can be rectified.

My mum is using the cloth nappies as she now says she really likes them. In fact sh's been trying to get my SIL's pregnant sister to use cloth!!

I'm sooooo pleased I am seeing her tomorrow. This week has been an utter nightmare for me. Unfortunately with DH working (he got offered 2 weeks work, and gets paid rather a lot for it, so we couldn't turn it down, and I don't have enough holiday to spend all of it at home with Bella) she has to go to her Grandparents, as the hours DH and I work do not fit in with any nurseries (we leave the house before 6.30am and get home around 6.30pm).

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:24 pm

Well at least it Bella has been trying new foods and knowing Bella and Ben are quite similiar sometimes, we managed to mess up his routine on holiday for a week and as soon as he was home went back to normal without a problem.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:45 pm

So frustrating Tanya but I'm sure that she will be fine next week and you will have a fantastic week together. xxx

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:45 am

It can be frustrating when people dont do as you would like with your kids, but lucky you having two sets of grand[parents to help :)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat