ah yes i now have a knicker addiction :lookround:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: How obsessed are you?

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:38 am

est4elvis wrote:whats WAHM clothes? :-?

Work at Home Mum clothes. Just as addictive and gorgeous as nappies once you get hooked. Once the nappy addiction ends ( and yes I've been there, bought the nappies, stroked the nappies and then sold the nappies :giggle: ) and now that DS is about ready to PT I've moved my sights over to WAHM clothing.

Try: Approved By Kayleigh http://approvedbykayleigh.co.uk and Scrunchkins: www.scrunchkins.co.uk and lots more in the Wonders section: http://www.clothnappytree.com/wahm-wond ... s.php?c=92

My avatar
mummy2fourgirls
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummy2fourgirls » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 am

See this is why I am so glad I found this site - I was thinking I was going a little mad when i first found cloth nappies and began buying them for my dd .

Then I found WN's and my whole world has become revolved around creating new designs for her little bum . It used to pain me to sell her baby clothes she had outgrown , now I look forward to it as means I can buy another nappy :)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:59 am

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
I have a fluff obsession too (and a wool obsession, clothes obsession, and fabric obsession :lookround: ) It helps that im a wahm so I make my own clothes for my LO and have a legit reason to be obsessed with fabric and to buy lots and lots and lots of it :giggle: Ive now started to make my own nappies so i can see my stash starting to rival charlies soon if im not carefull :giggle:

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:05 am

i'm obsessed with DD's nappies which i've really enjoyed choosing on classifieds! i'm also enjoying building up my CSP stash (don't need any more now!) and our wool stash. i think i would feel it would be a bit too hard work to actually order/design my own nappy from WN though, i much prefer choosing from classifieds! x

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 am

I understand nappy obsession too, when I had DD in nappies I was pretty obsessed with them, had way too many and was very committed to them! Now with DS I only use them about half the time. I've gone through obsessions of wool, slings, and currently WAHM clothing and sewing things myself. That why I love this site, even if you're not into nappies that much (or LO potty trains) there's plenty of other things to be getting addicted too, and sharing our love of. Cloth sanitary pads are another one if you've not yet tried them :wink:

The window of time that our LO's wear nappies is so short, we should enjoy it to the full because it really won't be long until the nappies sit growing dust until you finally bring yourself to sell them :( :giggle:

Hannahboo wrote:
babiesgalore+1more wrote:I have to admit I just brushed my obv nappies after reading this and they are actually much softer... :)

I am not tempted to do this in the slightest :coatdoor: :giggle:

me neither.... :lookround:

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Cadiva » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:15 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:Lol! I went through a phase of being totally obsessed with nappies when DD was about 6 months and I first found this site. I used to buy and sell at least one nappy a week (sonetimes a lot more) but once I found the nappies that suited us it calmed down loads. I got a bit obsessed with wool then, and now it's WAHM clothes, but nowhere near as bad as those first few weeks!!

This would be me. I'm not as bad as I was but now James is three I love getting WAHM clothes for him.

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:20 pm

Yes I'm on phase four of the 4 stage addiction too:
1) Started making my own nappies
2)Started using/making CSP
3)Started knitting woollies
and am just embarking on stage 4-making clothes

What I want to know is what happens after clothes???? :hohoho: