hf1

How many people have you converted?

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: How many people have you converted?

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:32 pm

No one to nappies yet but my count now to baby wearing converts now stands at 4, I have 2 slings out at the moment, a close parent and a Melkaj so it could potentially be 6 in a couple if weeks!

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ellemonkey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Im so excited i've sorted out the nappy cupboard and pulled out 5 MEOS, 5 small flexitots, 5 small cotton tots nippa's, 5 small itti's, 5 pockets, 5 small bimbles and 5 sandy's.
5 small airflows, 5 medium and a bag full of totsbots ones.
A roll of paper lines and a unopened packet of fleece ones.
Just need to get a nappy bucket and some itti wipes.

Do you reckon this is ok for a newborn starter set?

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:43 pm

ellemonkey wrote:Im so excited i've sorted out the nappy cupboard and pulled out 5 MEOS, 5 small flexitots, 5 small cotton tots nippa's, 5 small itti's, 5 pockets, 5 small bimbles and 5 sandy's.
5 small airflows, 5 medium and a bag full of totsbots ones.
A roll of paper lines and a unopened packet of fleece ones.
Just need to get a nappy bucket and some itti wipes.

Do you reckon this is ok for a newborn starter set?

Sounds more than adequate :wine:

I have converted one. Wasn't hard :giggle: She took one look at my ittis and wanted to see more. I lent her a few from my own stash and before I knew it she was on CNT working her way throught the classifieds :thumbsup:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:49 pm

1 person. Although possibly one more this week, there was a lovely couple at my bf group who really took a fancy to Jake's OWWs :)

Most of my friends think I'm weird, they call me a tree hugger. Even more so when they see my slings!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 pm

I haven't converted anyone but I encouraged someone to stick with it when she was frustrated in the early days, and I have bought from classifieds for 2 friends too :-)

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 am

None. And to be honest I wouldn't want to either, but I'm probably in the minority who thinks this way. Just like I hate being preached at by other's about different parenting 'styles' etc I wouldn't push my way of doing things on either. I don't see converting people to be my 'mission' at all.

As long as I am happy with what I am doing then that's all I am interested in. :D But then I'm quite a live and let live type of person. If others want to use different nappy types then I tend to think each to their own. Of course if anyone showed an interest and asked me anything then I would tell them about the cloth that I use but leave it at that.

I think people can actually be put off by too much 'preaching', for want of a better word.

Helen (who has used both cloth and disposables so have seen both sides I guess) :D

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:05 am

1 tho she wont be using them for a while :giggle: My little sis was disgusted by the idea of poo in the machine (she is a clean freek) but then when she saw them and realised how many poop filled disposables she would have in her bin when the time came she is now in love and strokes his nappies when she comes to visit :giggle: She has already told me that I will be making her baby all of its clothes and all of its nappies too :hohoho: Will be a fw years before she pops out a sprog tho methinks

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 am

for me it's not been a simple matter of conversion - it's more of answering people's questions about cloth and lending spare nappies out to friends who are interested in using them to see if they work for them. i've lent nappies to 3 friends - one of these took the plunge and bought her own stash of cheapies from ebay, another friend bought 18 bg new, and cloth didnt' work for the other friend. my disposable using mummy friends think i'm mad because they see all the paraphanalia involved with cloth (wet bag, wet wipes, solution etc) when i'm out and about!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat