hf1

What help are your council with cloth ?

My avatar
mummy2fourgirls
Clothie
Clothie

What help are your council with cloth ?

Postby mummy2fourgirls » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 am

I just wondered what help if any you got from your council for using cloth ?

My local council has no incentive schemes , I know some give you coupons to set up and some provide laundry sevices we have none of this .

I have heard of others that also provide a more environmentally friendly way to dispose of disposable as well but there is nothing like that here either . I frequently see my neighbours bin over flowing with nappies (often not in bags) .

What incentives are there in your areas ?
x

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What help are your council with cloth ?

Postby g murphy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 am

our local council provide nothing!!! the 2 others bordering ours provide a laundry service and £30 of vouchers or a trial pack! x

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:20 am

Ours have a cashback scheme - £25 if you spend over £50 on nappies.
When Erin was first born, it was £50 cashback if you spent over £100, but that dropped shortly after she'd be born & before we'd spent a signifcant amount on nappies.
There's also a laundry service available, but I've never really been tempted to use it - from what I've read there was only a certain selection of nappies they would launder, and certainly none of the lovely pretty nappies we own :lookround:
Besides which, I'm a little OCD when it comes to my washing, so would rather do it myself anyway! :giggle:

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 am

Our council had an incentive scheme which finished just before I started looking into cloth nappies, I think it was only £30 cash back but every little helps.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 am

Our council did offer a £40 voucher but they have stopped it now as needed to save a ton of money :roll: Tho they will have saved a hell of a lot more than £40 in disposal costs from using cloth so I dont get how its saving money but oh well.

My avatar
mummy2fourgirls
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummy2fourgirls » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 am

doobykat wrote:Ours have a cashback scheme - £25 if you spend over £50 on nappies.
When Erin was first born, it was £50 cashback if you spent over £100, but that dropped shortly after she'd be born & before we'd spent a signifcant amount on nappies.
There's also a laundry service available, but I've never really been tempted to use it - from what I've read there was only a certain selection of nappies they would launder, and certainly none of the lovely pretty nappies we own :lookround:
Besides which, I'm a little OCD when it comes to my washing, so would rather do it myself anyway! :giggle:

Same I love washing them and having them in pretty little lines on my washing line and knowing how and what I have washed them with .

I just think if there was a little more help and advice out there people would be more inclined to switch over . I have four daughters and its only with my last one that I found the LOVE of cloth and wish there would of been more advice and help out there when I had my other children . I would of welcomed any kind of cashback now as it can be so expensive intially setting up

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 am

in swansea it's quite good - £50 cash back if you provide receipts. doesn't have to be nappies, can also be accessories (i claimed for lanolin, wipes as well as nappies).

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:17 am

With Megan we got £30 cashback but with Kieren AND Darcie we got £100 cashback each (I had to send them proof of purchases) :wine:

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 am

This is my councils page about cloth nappies
http://www.rhondda-cynon-taf.gov.uk/en/environmentplanningandwaste/rubbish,wasteandrecycling/recycling-realnappycampaign/recycling-realnappycampaign.aspx

So pro cloth but they don't offer any incentives at all, I've never seen anyone else round here use cloth and HCP always get really excited when they see DD in cloth as they say they never see babies in proper nappies anymore :(

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat