hf1

What help are your council with cloth ?

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: What help are your council with cloth ?

Postby ellemonkey » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:32 am

Nothing, I asked about 5 years ago why they dont do an incentive scheme and they spouted THAT Cloth V.s Disposable debate.

*Facepalm *Facepalm *Facepalm

This is Somerset county council and sedgemoor district council although North somerset do a scheme, im 10 miles too far south.

My avatar
rosiesnappies
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby rosiesnappies » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:52 pm

In Nottingham you get £25 cheque if you send in receipts showing you've spent over £50 on nappies, and your child's birth cert. We got it for both of ours :wine:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Similar here to Tones, a trial kit for a deposit of £25 then 20% off up to £300 spend with a certain company.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:46 pm

rosiesnappies wrote:In Nottingham you get £25 cheque if you send in receipts showing you've spent over £50 on nappies, and your child's birth cert. We got it for both of ours :wine:

Yep I'm in Notts too and just to add that as I have twins I got £25 x 2 :wine: which is good as not everyone acnowledges that 2xbabies = 2xexpense!!

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Cadiva » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:54 pm

Leeds City Council are pretty good. When I was pregnant with James they came to our ante natal classes and gave a demonstration of the various types of cloth nappy. They also had/have two options, either a trial pack of reusable nappies (you specify sex of child or GN) or they repaid up to £30 for a £50 cloth nappy purchase on proof of receipt.

I got a Bum Genius and a two part fitted system (can't remember what the nappy was) and also 10 disposable liners. It's slightly different now, they do a BG and a Pop In plus the liners or the cash back.

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/Environment_and ... cheme.aspx

My avatar
lealea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lealea » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:45 am

None :( I can't see them ever being pursuaded to do it around here, even if the economic climate got better. I know very few who use cloth here (South Yorkshire).

My sis lives in the Leeds Council area and I tried to pursuade her to take advatange of their scheme. But her idea of doing it would be to buy them and sell them on ebay :roll: So not the point!

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:26 am

Anglesey - nothing. I emailed them to ask why not and they replied with "how could we get people interested in cloth nappies". I sent them a long and detailed reply and...never heard back from them. It's a truly awful local council, though. No environmentally supportive schemes whatsoever. They even send lorries around collecting compost from people's houses instead of providing free compost bins.

I'm moving to Huntingdon and they also don't help with nappies.

You'd think the councils would get on board, wouldn't you? Must save them money not having a few thousand nappies to collect, process and store in landfill.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat