hf1

Poo in the machine!

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Poo in the machine!

Postby est4elvis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:02 pm

ok i must be more of a hippie than i first thought! :giggle: when i decided to use cloth nappies i decided i would use paper liners cos i couldnt be doing with poo in my machine. but, now i keep forgetting + leaving the liner off + then Joe does a poo so it has to go in to my machine (its still baby poo by the way so doesnt fall off in to the loo yet) + even though i cant be that bothered cos well i would remember the liner, a part of me still is bothered that i'm putting so much poo through my machine. so please can you use your opinions to convince me its ok! :giggle: :roll:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Poo in the machine!

Postby teganplus2 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:08 pm

I find that the flushable liners are hard to position so that the poo stays on them and doesn't squish out onto the nappy anyway, they're good for "proper poo" (so good for my 21 month old) but not so for baby poo (so no good for my 15 week old twins) IMO so even if we use them we end up with poo on the nappy anyway, I have actually just brought some fleece liners, as if I'm being really honest I'm more bothered about saving my beautiful nappies from my babies explosive poos than I seem to be about washing poo :oops: I thought I'd have a real issue with it but it seems that I am blinded by the beauty of cloth and that is all I can see :hohoho:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Is Joe on solids yet? Is he breastfed? Exclusively breast fed baby poo is fine to stick in the machine. The machine is well able to handle it.

If he is on solids, then I would suggest investing in some washable fleece liners. Much more comfy for babies butt plus they work as a waterproof layer that keeps the wet away from baby & much easier to shake the poop off into the toilet when it's on a liner rather than having to flush the whole nappy. My dd's poop never really got any bit solid until a couple of months ago & there is no way the machine would have been able to handle the poop of a toddler.

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:18 pm

When I first spoke to my partner about using cloth nappies the first thing he said was " but you will be putting poo in the washing machine!" lol, tbh it hasnt really bothered me, especially as oh is a farmer so we probs have lots of poo in our washing machine anyway!

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby est4elvis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:23 pm

i do have cloth liners i bought them when i first started out but decided i would use paper instead. so i could use them but then it still goes in to the machine AND will i even remember them! blooming baby brain! :hohoho:
+ yeah he is, he is having 3 meals now but only just as in the last 2 months maybe?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:30 pm

It's gonna block up your machine then hun. Yoiu need to flush the majority of it. You don't have to perfectly get off all the poop but you do need to get rid of most of it.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:44 pm

I use a bit of toilet paper to scrape off the worst of it and then just put it in the machine, the nappy not the toilet paper :hohoho:

TBH Kacie poo's never got to the solids state while she was still in nappies, and sometimes I just CBA to scrap most of it off and it never blocked my machine :wink: Mira's poos are actually more solid all ready than Kacie's wers sometimes and are easier to get off.

I try and remember fleece liners as it does kind of fall of that with a bit of gentle persuasion, but I have baby brain so forget more often than not :roll: :giggle:

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby est4elvis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:53 pm

ahhh do u know what? im just even more convinced now to use paper liners! cant be doing with trying to scrap off all runny poo in to the toilet! no way. tried to do that with Lillie + i did it once + it just did my head in! so yep will just have to kick my baby brain up the butt + try + remember
cheers guys :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:57 pm

I can't stand paper liners. When mine were ebf I would just put the dirty nappies straight in the machine. After that I would rinse off all of the poo with the shower head into a bucket and then tip it down the toilet before putting the dirty nappy in the bucket with the wet nappies.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat