Postby est4elvis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:01 pm

hmmm, i could do that i reckon....

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Poo in the machine!

Postby Tara84 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:23 pm

I bought a longer hose for the shower in the ensuite so that the shower head reaches to the toilet and then just rinse any squishy poo straight down the toilet. Whilst DD was ebf though I just threw them straight in to the machine.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:56 pm

I use to wash all the poo off and scrub the nappies with a nail brush to get the stains out. We didn't have a garden then so couldn't sun out stains, that was why I wanted to make sure the poo was out.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Louise wrote:I can't stand paper liners. When mine were ebf I would just put the dirty nappies straight in the machine. After that I would rinse off all of the poo with the shower head into a bucket and then tip it down the toilet before putting the dirty nappy in the bucket with the wet nappies.

Oh I like this idea :D I forgot that yes I do actually rinse them under the tap. Mira isn't pooing every day since she started solids, so I'm a bit vague as to what I do :lookround: :giggle:

I'll do the shower thing I think as that's easy ;)

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:51 pm

you can always hold it into the loo and flush/dunk! we do that or shower sprayer. Ryan's poo is vile....

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby est4elvis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:18 pm

e586 wrote:you can always hold it into the loo and flush/dunk! we do that or shower sprayer. Ryan's poo is vile....

awwww what a fab profile pic :D

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Cadiva » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:33 pm

e586 wrote:you can always hold it into the loo and flush/dunk! we do that or shower sprayer. Ryan's poo is vile....

I used to do that with the really bad ones, otherwise I used fleece liners and most of it just came straight off down the loo.

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:34 pm

All mine went in the machine with no problems while EBF; after we started weaning I started scraping into loo / using liners.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Our toilet is seperate to the bathroom so we couldn't use the shower head, but I used fleece liners. If you add the liner when you make up the nappies then you don't have to remember each time you change them.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat