hf1

Going camping and wondering if will cope with cloth nappies?

My avatar
snorkmaiden
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Going camping and wondering if will cope with cloth nappies?

Postby snorkmaiden » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:43 am

Frances wrote:We take sposies if we're camping for more than a night; we don't have space in the car for cloth and the wetbags can be a bit smelly on the way home! Cloth for nights is a good compromise.

Thanks fellow nappistas- and for the friendly welcome to the boards :-) (Now if I could just work out how get round the inexplicable refusal to let me put a jpeg of the babber on I'd be well away!)

We're going to the Gower (Wales) so it's pretty much definitely going to rain, and forest camping with only v basic facilities, so I fear the disps beckon. Good idea to use cloth for nights though! I don't have any quick-drying fluffies types, so maybe that could be a justification for purchasing yet more nappies ;-). will bring at least some prefolds & flip wraps though, and go for biodegradable liners so we might be able to manage. But a bag of eco-sposies in reserve!

Perhaps when I have graduated to Expert Nappista I will be able to cope. We have 2 more camping trips beckoning, so one step at a time... :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Steph

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Cadiva » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm

If there was washing facilities I took cloth, if there wasn't, I used sposies or pull ups.

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:15 pm

We're just back from 3 nights camping and used cloth. I just brought pockets for daytime and used disposables for night. If it means it will be a more relaxing holiday then use disposables :thumbsup:

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 pm

I was going to as the same question. Here's another one - I am afraid that people won't want me putting my nappies in the communal washing machines campsites - any experience? Will people or owners object?

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:05 pm

I don't see how they could possibly complain?!

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Well it's just that quite a few people (including my DH in the beginning) said "eugh! you're putting poo in your washing machine, that's disgusting'. Even though I use liners and scrape them clean (now she's doing solid poos, easy) but people are funny aren't they? Just wondered if anyone had encountered any reactions to putting nappies in communal machines.

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:18 pm

we are going camping next week for 3 days and i was unsure weather or not to take cloth, i think i might give it a go now. the campsite dosnt have washing machines, but if i take my bucket i can wash off any mess and just place everything in the bucket :D

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:19 am

I'm planning to bucket wash if/when there aren't any washing machines. Doesn't take more than a few minutes really I suppose. Haven't told DH yet!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:42 pm

We're struggling for space, so I've changed what we're doing and we're going to go for disposables for Ryan (but with a flip cover over them cause I'm silly like that and hate the look of disposables sticking out the top of trousers/shorts! :roll: ) and cloth for Lucas.

Ryan's poo is just vile and if he does one Monday and it has to sit til Saturday that would be rather :puke: and despite improvement after cutting right back on wheat, they would still need scraping and we'd never get rid of all of the poo without a wash.... I might take 5 or 6 and use them the last day or so if we have room!!

I'll still use cloth wipes, even on Ryan's poo nappies, but will just put anything with poo on it in a separate wet bag, and hand wash the non-poo wipes when I start running low on them. Lucas was only pooing 2x a week but is now back up to 2x a day - as much as I'm pleased his little system seems to be recovering from his chicken pox/antibiotics, I wish it would have waited til after our holiday! :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat