hf1

Going camping and wondering if will cope with cloth nappies?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Going camping and wondering if will cope with cloth nappies?

Postby northernruth » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:57 pm

I've used a combination of both on hols before, with a small selection of cloth on a heavy rotation. If I had to handwash I wouldn't bother.

And I wouldn't be hidebound by using eco disposables either - most of them aren't that "eco" and if they go in landfill then they won't degrade in any event. IMO you do enough for the environment using cloth 50 weeks of the year so you might as well use the good sposies on the odd occasion you need to indulge :wink:

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Going camping and wondering if will cope with cloth nappies?

Postby anothersquish » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Im taking cloth camping on Monday. I am so severely anti sposie that I wouldnt use them under any circumstances though.
I took cloth last year too when T was 6 months and took cloth caravaning a little later in the holidays, worked out fine. Considering when we went to the caravan there were four of us plus all the luggage AND Ts high chair in a Punto it wasnt exactly bad going. I am taking less cloth this year though as T doesnt wear nappies most of the time so saving a large amount of space but I didnt have any issue with smell at all using XL MF wetbags for the used nappies.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat