hf1

Nappies not working anymore!

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Nappies not working anymore!

Postby gemma_louise » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:44 pm

I have narrowed down my collection of nappies to only the ones that work best for my LO. I have TB Easyfit V2, Itti SIO & WNOS, SS & AI2.

Wee Notions are still doing well but today I had leaks (wee) from both the Ittis & the V2s. Is there any reason why this would suddenly happen?

I have a good washing routine & strip wash nappies every month so don't think detergent build up can be the problem. Both times the nappies leaked from the inner leg.

Any ideas?

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Nappies not working anymore!

Postby Cadiva » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:07 pm

How old is your LO? I found with James that the nappies which worked when he was up to 18 months didn't work as well once he started moving around and slimmed down in his legs/thighs.

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks for the reply. My LO is 10 months but crawling & cruising. Is there anything you can do to make the nappies work again? He's still in the chubby phase. His tummy has slimmed out a lot (all his nappies are on the tightest settings round his tummy but he has chubby thighs.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:50 pm

What size itti's is he in?

We had similar with DS once he got mobile.
I found there was quite a difference in leg size from the medium-to-large and he was leaking from the mediums because they were too small, but also from the larges because they were too big IYKWIM

One thing I've learnt from on here is..
- if the nappy is totally drenched when it leaks - then its an absorbancy problem and more is needed
- if its dry in patches when it leaks - then its more likely to be a fit problem

Hope that helps

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks. The inserts aren't that wet so obviously a fit problem... I just got rid of aaaallll my nappies & kept the Ittis, WN & V2s :doh:

He is in large- I started him in cloth nappies at 6 months & only got Ittis from large (he's nearly 10kg) but I don't think they could be too big because when he 1st started wearing them he was only like 8kg.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Because my LO's are skinny - I've never been able to rely on the weight guides for nappies.
Their waist measurements don't ever match up to the rise that I need.

Ittis are a particular example. DS always wore his ittis with the waist either overlapping completely to start with - or just meeting. They never got to the biggest waist settings. But I had to move him up for the rise, otherwise he'd widdle out the front, or poop out the back! :giggle:
I think Eleanor will be the same. She's still got her small ittis overlapped - but is going to need a higher rise soon!

The larges were sooo much bigger than the mediums - so we went through a similar 'itti's don't fit' stage!
DS was well past 18months before the larges fitted him properly for good containment.

During that time we found our aplix nappies (blueberries, WNOS & tots bots worked better) - until he grew enough for the large ittis to fit properly!

have you tried fitted/ 2 part nappies?

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Oh no I love my Ittis! Actually you have a point about the rise, the poppers are at the tightest settings and sometimes when he wees the top of his trousers get wet because the nappies come down low on his tummy... and I always point his dink down! Maybe Ittis just aren't going to work for us for now as I can't go up a size because he's in larges. May persist a little longer (and carry spare trousers with me!) to see if it's just a short phase.

I have WN & TB in applix- the WN haven't leaked yet but the TB leaked today which is strange because they've always been such a perfect fit on him. Maybe it's partly because he wriggles so much during nappy changes that I'm not able to put them on as well as I used to.

Tried 2 parters but can't stand them. He won't lie still for long enough to put 1 nappy on properly let alone 2. Also I don't like the bulk of them.

Thanks for the advice... may be some ittis appearing in the classified section... :cry:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 pm

He's only 10 months - so the ittis will probably fit once he grows a little bit.
Ive got skinny LO's - so thats why he was 18 months before the larges fit.
They are our fav nappy. Was gutted when couldn't use them for a while when he was inbetween sizes - but he did fit them eventually and we got a good amount of wear out of them before he PT'd
Id hold onto them now.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Sounds like it's a fit problem then. Were the Easyfits not that wet either? I have to add a bamboo booster to mine to make them last but if it's a fit issue then I guess that doesn't help.

Dont give up on your Ittis just yet if you really love them - you may have to give them a bit of a break for a while :wink: LOADS of people seem to go through a stage where they fit badly and then usually the baby changes shape and they fit well again.

I would be inclined to try side snap fitteds, and wool is worth a go. We have never had a leak with this combo!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat