hf1

Would you put your boy in a girly nappy?

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Would you put your boy in a girly nappy?

Postby Mungo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:00 am

I recently saw a lovely fitted nappy on classifieds at a great price, i'd been wanting to try that brand for ages but hesitated because it was girly (tie dye with a lot of pink) and I have a boy.

Then I thought I was being silly conforming to gender stereotypes and bought it anyway! I can always cover with a boyish wrap. It annoys me how some colours are 'off limits' when there's actually nothing inherently girly about pink or boyish about blue! So I am rebelling ;-)

Just interested on what others would do/have done...

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Would you put your boy in a girly nappy?

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:03 am

i would totally have bought it. My Ds had a few pink nappies and he also really suits pink tops.

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 am

My Ds's are both man enough to wear pink :wink: (although I have to say Ds1 did look very funny in a t'shirt with little puff sleeves, diamante and kittens on the front that he had to borrow from Clevercuttlefishs Dd when he fell in a puddle :hohoho: ) If it was a fitted I wouldn't give two hoots about colour, wraps I usually went for a dark colour because they didn't show the muck so easily but they had purples and colours that may have been considered by some as girly :lol:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 am

We treat pink as another colour here, why should it be different to blue, green, yellow, red.......? My youngest loves pink and purple and regularly wears them on t-shirts, trousers, etc.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:21 am

Since I split with my ex I have got T loads of "girly" nappies. He wears pink and purple a lot and I have all the Itti "girly" prints as I love them and they really suit him (particularly Danube)
In fact I have just bought a HLBB+ for a friend who has switched her toddler to cloth at nights and am secretly hoping her little girl doesnt get on with it so I can have it back...its black and pink with pink fleece inner.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:28 am

ryan's has a few girly nappies i don't mind as i'm the only one that knows

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:35 am

DS wears a lot of DD's old nappies, pink, purple, fairies, flowers - it doesn't matter, they hold wee :giggle:

My daughter has told me he can't wear the pink nappies though. Someone (and I never found out who, I'd be angry at them if I knew!) told her that "only girls wear pink and boys wear blue". She's quite happy to go along with this and refuses to wear anything blue, and is addicted to pink. It's driving me insane :loopy:

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:25 pm

If I had a boy I would, as long as it doesn't say "daddy's little princess" with fairies and tiaras all over! :hohoho:
I quite like boys with girls colours and viceversa, my poor little girl is quite often wearing boys colours head to toe (I have a thing for turquoise lately) and looking quite like a boy - then there's days like yesterday when we went to the park and she was wearing a black soaker with white skull and bones embroidered on the back!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:44 pm

In all honestly I probably wouldnt :oops: Just my personal preference :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat