hf1

Do I have enough nappies?

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Do I have enough nappies?

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:32 pm

TwoMummies wrote:Will get a couple more smalls to be sure then, don't want to be stressing over washing.

I will be :bf: so will need lots and lots of spares!

Not quite sure i'd get on with muslins and folding etc.

I'd be more likely to make an origami swan out of them then cover a wriggly babies bottom :giggle:

You can just pad fold them and pop them in a wrap :wink:

My avatar
TwoMummies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TwoMummies » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:49 pm

red_dwarf wrote:
TwoMummies wrote:Will get a couple more smalls to be sure then, don't want to be stressing over washing.

I'd be more likely to make an origami swan out of them then cover a wriggly babies bottom :giggle:

Like a prefold?

Will that contain BF baby boo though?

I have a couple of prefolds as were given to me and I thought they would be handy for stuffing pockets or boosting AIO's so that's handy.

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:16 pm

TwoMummies wrote:
red_dwarf wrote:

Like a prefold?

Will that contain BF baby boo though?

I have a couple of prefolds as were given to me and I thought they would be handy for stuffing pockets or boosting AIO's so that's handy.

aslong as youve got a good wrap ( bummis/thirstys/ME) it will hold BF poo no problem! i used mainly PF with my first ;0)

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:15 pm

If you fashion a swan you can fold a nappy lol! :hohoho:
I did the Chinese or origami fold and honestly after a practise it's really easy. You have plenty of time to practise ;). I did on a teddy! I could still fold one now and my youngest is 16months.
I used to fold them ready to put on.
If you have any square piece of cloth about the house you could try before you buy ;)
Xxx

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:37 am

You deffo need a good wrap if you pad fold. A jo fold is really really easy to do tho tbh. You basically pad fold, and then open up the back pop the baby in, bring the back flaps round to the front and nipper. Super duper simple and no oragami skills needed :giggle:
Or you could just pick up some diddy diapers for the early stages. they are only £4.99 each so really cheep and we used ours for a good few weeks unboosted and then used them boosted till about 18 weeks

My avatar
TwoMummies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TwoMummies » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:48 pm

That sounds nice and easy!

Would that workl using a prefold or would it have to be a terry square?

Got a couple of prefolds as spares you see, was thinking they would be handy to stuff pockets.

Might have a try at doing the different folds with them.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat