hf1

Do I have enough nappies?

My avatar
TwoMummies
Clothie
Clothie

Do I have enough nappies?

Postby TwoMummies » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:27 pm

I asked a few days ago on another forum if I had enough nappies and was told no :(

Have bought loads more since, PLEASE tell me I now have enough!
I can't afford any more :cry:

I will be washing every other day (on recomendation) and tumble drying mostly. I want to use them from day 1 to potty training.

Ok so I have.

Small sizes:

1 Bambinex
1 Pop n Gro
2 Itti D'Lish
1 Tots Bots
1 Fuzzi Bunz
3 Bambooty
2 Tots Bots Teeny Fit
4 Little Lamb nappies
3 Little Lamb wraps
1 Tots Bots wrap
2 Weenotions
1 Holden's Landing

So a total of 18 nappies and 4 wrap for the early days.

Then I have in BTP sizes:

11 Ebay cheapies
2 Close Parent Pop In
2 Baba and Boo
1 Tots Bots Easyfit
1 BTP Weenotions

So a total of 17 nappies (worried about having too many ebay cheapies though in case they don't work for us)

Will I still need nappies in medium and large or will BTP be fine once past the tiny stage?

Can't wait until they all arrive, will be getting some stash pics

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Do I have enough nappies?

Postby weefywoo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:56 pm

I had roughly that amount for when Zarah was a newborn And it certainly saw us through the first few weeks! I did have to be right on top of the washing and drying though in order to keep up with her soiling :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Hiya :wave: it s so hard to tell and I can t remember how many I had!
Also u won t know until he/she arrives ( I take it it wasn t 2 when you said they :wink: )
If you need some more to pad them out maybe go for some terries or prefolds just as emergency ones if you re not keen. Cheap as chips especially if u get them second hand.
It will all depend on shape of baby whether btp ones will last you , you really can t tell. I d advise waiting till the as you ll get to know what you like better and what suits better then.

Hope that helps :)

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Doh! Just realised you said 'they' about the nappies not the baby! :hohoho:

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:19 pm

I have 25 small nappies and 6 night nappies for my 3 week old and i have to wash every day--he can go through 15 some days...but i don't have a tumble drier! if i did i could wash every other day-ish. i have some flats/muslin for spares if needed, but rarely need them now--mostly used them in first week or two. i have night nappies because he can sleep 6 hours at a stretch at night. we can go through 2 of those a night. hope that helps!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:26 pm

I would get a few flat nappies just to have as back up. Small sized ones are great for the early days and can always be stuffed in a pocket later on.

My avatar
TwoMummies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TwoMummies » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:29 pm

So general opinion is yes and maybe buy a few more when baby is here?

Can you believe that it's cost me just short of £300 and all this is for a baby not yet conceived :oops: :giggle:

Think I have gone a little :loopy:

Oh well, they are so lovely and make me happy.

I have even ordered 2 custom weenotions that I :love:

Everything is unisex though so should be fine!

Bloody well hope I get pregnant now or OH will have a heart attack and i'll be in BIG trouble :cry:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:01 pm

I totally empathise! I have a full stash for my next babe and we haven't conceived yet... Some might well say we are :loopy: but what the heck! :)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:03 pm

I think for the 1st few weeks you'll be fine!
Depending on the size/ shape of your baby - you may be able to use some of the BTP ones sooner than you think - and other nappies in your small/newborn stash may last longer.
So you have have a bit of an overlap in your 2 stashes!

Agree with others - about bulking out stash with prefolds/terries - although i never got the hang of them 1st time round myself (but I had super tiny,skinny children and bulky prefolds!)

Microfibre inserts are another way of adding quick drying nappies without needing to use your tumble drier if you don't want to use it all the time but not wash every day.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat