hf1

Do I have enough nappies?

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Do I have enough nappies?

Postby clairelou88 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 pm

i currently have about 25 newborn and xs nappies and 15smalls (these are all fitteds/aio and pockets. i also have about 15 size 1 prefolds for extras and 5 xs/small wraps
Im hoping not to wash every day though, more like every other day ;0)

id say your fine if your happy to wash everyday

My avatar
Popster
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Popster » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 pm

I echo Nic and say maybe wait on getting any size up nappies until baby is here, and bigger and you know what works best for them. I think you should be okay with what you've got, but it just depends how often your baby decides to produce BF (if you BF ;)) poo through the day (and night!)

Massive luck ttc *fingers crossed*

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:36 pm

sounds good - if you need any more you can always try to find 2nd hand ones cheaply on here or on usednappies.co.uk or thenappysite.co.uk
i'm not yet preggers and i've got my entire stash of newborn nappies, haha! x

My avatar
TwoMummies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TwoMummies » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:17 am

Glad it's not just being prepared lol.

In my defence I plan to leave work once pregnant (physical job with risk of catching infections etc.) so money will be a little tighter then as we will be relying on OH's wages.

The more I buy now while I have a steady wage the better and cloth nappies cost a lot to get set up with.

That's the beauty of using cloth really, I can buy them all now whilst we have the money and it will save us a fortune for when we don't. Imagine buying 3 years of disposables to store for later :giggle:

Plus I do expect to get pregnant quickly anyway, only took 1 attempt with my daughter and 2 with my son! We are on our second attempt now so fingers crossed!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:42 am

:wave:
[/quote]The more I buy now while I have a steady wage the better and cloth nappies cost a lot to get set up with.[/quote]

This makes perfect sense to me!

Good luck ttc - got fingers crossed for you!

Kirsty x x

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:57 am

I would say that you need a few more for the early days tho you could even use muslins :wink: The only reason is that the newborn days are so precious that you dont want to be worrying about if you will run out of nappies or not. You can use folded muslins and then add boosters to increase the absorbancy, tho you will need some well fitting wraps, and nipper them if you can so that you dont get bf poo explosions all over your wraps :giggle:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:01 am

We started full time cloth at 8 weeks. I had 15 day nappies and 3 night nappies. I had to wash everyday but we don't have a tumble drier.
I now have 22 day nappies and 5 night nappies and we wash every other day. We manage fine on that.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:14 pm

good luck ttc, just a thought, once all the smalls have been outgrown sell them on to fund more of the styles that you find you get on with more to last till potty training. xx

My avatar
TwoMummies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TwoMummies » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Will get a couple more smalls to be sure then, don't want to be stressing over washing.

I will be :bf: so will need lots and lots of spares!

Not quite sure i'd get on with muslins and folding etc.

I'd be more likely to make an origami swan out of them then cover a wriggly babies bottom :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat