hf1

Disana tie-on nappies

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Disana tie-on nappies

Postby katyav » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:37 pm

I was just wondering what people think about these?
I bought 5 to try them out (they're so cheap they're worth a go!) and after the first few confusing nappy changes I can actually get a really good fit very quickly and they're nowhere near as fiddly as I thought, they are the ones I reach for as soon as they're dry (and they dry superfast too). So why are they almost unheard of?

My avatar
hedgiemum63
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Disana tie-on nappies

Postby hedgiemum63 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi there,

I bought a couple of these to try out with my baby girl (she's 8 weeks old now) and I really like them. I think they are not as popular because they look fiddly and they need boosting more than other nappies after the earliest weeks. I think they are pretty easy to put on once you've got the idea; I always make sure to pull up whatever I'm using to boost before I pull the sides in, then I bring the front up and tie the nappy :-)

I love them because they're soft, wash well and look cute, plus I'm pretty sure they will fit my little one no matter what shape or height she grows to, right until potty training. I'm planning to buy a few more and boost them with hemp prefolds or whatever comes to hand :-) (I bought some 40cm thick terries to boost them with too).

So, yeah, I really like em myself...,might even have a go at dyeing them pink :giggle:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 pm

I have ten of them, they weren't any good for my heavy wetting wriggling monster so I've only used a couple (though they're almost certainly not up to full absorbancy) but I'm definitely keeping them with every intention of using them for my next little babe, hopefully soon! :)

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:21 pm

I was quite amazed that even after a few washes they are still soft - I live in a really hard water area and every nappy I have turns stiff and horrible. I can see how they might not be great for a really heavy wetter, I can't comment much on that cause Aida is really prone to rashes (eczema.. :x ) so I change her very often... that said, I noticed that it feels damp pretty quickly and yet the wool cover stays dry, I don't know if the way they're made makes the moisture wick to every inch of dry fabric or if it's just magic but I don't get the same thing with my other nappies!

Hedgiemum - do you use the 40x40 liners? I saw the 80x80 ones but I think they might end up being too bulky, maybe they're for older babies...?

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:48 pm

I've got 10 or so of these that I've used with a hemp booster from swaddlebees btp nappy. Dry fast, nice and soft and yes surprisingly easy to use. I wouldn't use them without a booster now but think they're great and they have their place especially on a rainy week when everything else is taking days to dry and these are done in hours.

Probably unheard of as they aren't terribly exciting! And pretty much one up from a terry with string attached :lol:

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:11 pm

ramsons wrote:Probably unheard of as they aren't terribly exciting! And pretty much one up from a terry with string attached :lol:

But.. there's a string attached, that is exciting! :hohoho: I have to admit that I was thinking of dyeing them (having just bought LOTS of dyes and itching to use them...) but I actually quite like the "natural" look of them.

My avatar
hedgiemum63
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hedgiemum63 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Katyav,

I have one of the Disana flannelette boosters, the 40 x40 ones, but I bought several thick cotton terry squares (Green Baby) from Ebay, in the same size as the Disana cloths. The cloth works quite well, but I saw those terries going cheap, and bought 18 of them, which cost me less than buying 18 of the Disana cloths would have done. I think the tie on nappies could be used with virtually any booster/insert/flat nappy as extra absorbency, which is what I like about them. I've combined the tie on with a small terry square, a hemp prefold (small), booster pads,and I've just put a tie on nappy on Sarah with a Jam Tots hemp insert inside...we'll see how that goes. She's doing fine with all the nappis I own at the moment, so we'll see as she gets bigger...

I HAVE to try out the Disana wool cover though; everyone seems to rave about how great wool is at night, and I admit that I'd feel happier with a more breathable material than PUL around her nappies for such a long stretch (she will sleep about 5-6 hours at the moment!).

I have to admit that I was thinking of dyeing them (having just bought LOTS of dyes and itching to use them...) but I actually quite like the "natural" look of them.

Yeah, the natural look is cute. Maybe you could dye some of them and leave some natural? :wink:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm sure I have one floating around that I got in a trial pack if anyone wants it! I know I tried it a few times but that was when Natalie was teeny tiny and it was just so big! :) PM me if you want more and I'll look for it! :)

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:21 pm

e586 wrote:I'm sure I have one floating around that I got in a trial pack if anyone wants it! I know I tried it a few times but that was when Natalie was teeny tiny and it was just so big! :) PM me if you want more and I'll look for it! :)

PMd you! :wine:

hedgiemum63 wrote:I HAVE to try out the Disana wool cover though; everyone seems to rave about how great wool is at night, and I admit that I'd feel happier with a more breathable material than PUL

I tried wool a couple of months ago and within a week I switched to using if full-time. Like I mentioned, LO has eczema which used to be really horrible in her nappy area, with wool I can manage it just with shea butter which is great. I carry her a lot in the sling and sometimes I get a bit "sweaty" :giggle: but never had any actual leak, not like when I used pockets/PUL wraps and all of a sudden you get a big wet patch! Haven't tried the Disana ones yet, they're on my August to-buy list :party:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat