Postby happytails » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:18 pm

Easyfit fan here if I had to choose x

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Best/easiest nappies for nursery?

Postby Mungo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 am

I haven't tried easyfits, might give one a go. Any excuse to buy more fluff :hohoho:

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:03 am

We must be unique, our nursery really hates the bum Genius, they never do them up tight enough so she constantly leaks. They far prefer popper nappies, mostly itti bittis

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:49 am

i think it partly depends on how your nursery operates - if it's the same person changing the nappies every time.

at ours its a pool of about 10 people that rotate nappy duty, so i found it easiest to just have one sort of nappy and teach one person, they cascade the teaching, and the job is done. introducing new ones i and they don't have time to teach everyone.

with ds he only had bamboozles and wraps, so that's what they used and it was fine. with dd she has a tiny waist and large thighs so front snap / front aplix dont work as i'd be restricting the blood flow to her legs if i got the waist tight enough. i also think they wouldn't do poppers very well (dh struggles, and he tries so hard). so i ended up making side-aplix nappies for her to take with a wrap. i fold them up with liner already in, and wrap on the outside also done up so that they don't have to make a judgement call whether the wrap needs changing or not, they just change it every time. with them all set up, it's also helpful if they have any new people start, they can see how they're meant to go together before they put one on.

eta: i perfer a 2-part system for nursery as occasionally they don't put on the nappy particularly well, and they don't change as often as i would, so it's an extra barrier before getting her clothes wet.

My avatar
TheWaterHorse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TheWaterHorse » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:40 pm

I have been sending in BG aplix and smartipants so far. They're doing very well with them (only been a few weeks) but don't seem to do up both poppers at each side on the smartipants so that the wings tend to droop, which was a problem I hadn't anticipated, as I thought these nappies were pretty straightforward to use. I've spoken to them about it so will see if things improve this week. Bizarrely, they tend to use the smartipants first, despite seeming to find the BG easier.

I also have some Close pop ins that I was planning to use but haven't dared yet as I'm not convinced they'd manage to lay the inserts down correctly before putting them on.

I'd definitely recommend aplix pocket nappies.

Oh and watch out for nappy creams....metanium does stain when nursery use half a tube in one application instead of the thinnest layer possible as advised in the instructions...

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Cadiva » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:54 pm

I'd go for Bum genius, easy to use and can be prepared in advance with additional inserts if needed.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:12 pm

TheWaterHorse wrote:Oh and watch out for nappy creams....metanium does stain when nursery use half a tube in one application instead of the thinnest layer possible as advised in the instructions...

I was planning to tell them to use NO cream to avoid that happening... And if he has nappy rash and they have to, we have plenty of fleece liners :wink:

My avatar
TheWaterHorse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TheWaterHorse » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Yes, I told them no nappy creams too, but there's so many staff members there, I'm not sure the message reached them all. My poor nappies!

I don't always use liners but think I will have to invest in more fleece liners. I have lots of disposable ones but don't like to use them all the time as I think they can bring on nappy rash sometimes so don't want to put one in every nappy.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat