hf1

Best/easiest nappies for nursery?

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Best/easiest nappies for nursery?

Postby Mungo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:00 pm

DS will be in daycare two days a week starting from September. Just wondering which would be the best nappies to send him in... ie easiest for nursery to get their heads round and also not too expensive in case they lose them!

He mostly wears flip stay dry inserts in various wraps (flip, thirsties duo, rumparooz, Gen-y, blueberry coveralls). We also have a BG V4 and a few fitteds.

I'm thinking it would be best to send the same type so they don't get confused... So maybe flip insert with flip wrap? Or would the BG V4 be easier (pockets are foolproof surely?!)

What should I stock up on?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best/easiest nappies for nursery?

Postby Caroline » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Easyfits or BG's I think are pretty foolproof. I've never had a lost nappy and am happy to send in WNOS (they are first they pick out of bag apparently). I would go for pockets that aplix fix.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:57 am

Our childminder is good with Easyfits and our one and only bumGenius (aplix). Poppers are hit and miss, they seem to always get done up too loosely for some reason. I'd probably keep things simple and stick with pockets/AIOs instead of fitteds, just in case they forget to put on the wrap/soaker :giggle: We were already using pockets anyway when DD started going to the childminder so we didn't have to fork out for a new stash, and she's only there mornings so I just send 5 nappies on a Monday, one change for each day.

ETA think I've said the same as Caroline, just in more words! :oops: We've never had a lost nappy either.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:15 am

We use BG pockets, but I think if you have receptive staff, you can show them how to use most types.

Have you been in to have a chat with them?

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:34 pm

I started off with bumgenius and easyfits, but have since moved onto our tuttos and wnos. My CM seems to be ok with them so far.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks ladies. Have snapped up some more BG pockets on classifieds so will start with those. Thanks for the tip about Velcro - normally I prefer poppers so will keep those for home and let nursery have the Velcro ones :-D

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:34 pm

DD has just started nursery and i was debating this for ages... in the end i decided to buy lots of Easyfits as these are the easiest (also i send bg aplix if we run out of Easyfits). i send our fleece liners already in the nappy, and i ask the staff just to send home pooey nappies - i don't expect them to flush the liner and scrape the poo off down the loo, and i do that when i get home. i send a zip up wet bag and they get through 3 nappies a day. also, i send reusable wipes and wipes solution in a tupperware (i've put some instructions for the nappies/wipes on the tupperware box in case there's a new member of staff who doesn't know what to do!). it's going really well so far and no leaks! good luck!!! x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:11 pm

We used Blueberry side snaps and they got on fine, occasional leaks if they did it up too loose but nothing major. I used to send her in fitteds and wool sometimes too (once I was back at work full time my stash seemed wasted on just the weekends!)
I wouldn't worry too much about what nappy it is, just make sure you don't mix up those that need a wrap with those that don't on the same day as that could be confusing!

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:15 pm

Bg for us. (You just snapped up the last of mine that I was selling) I've kept a handful here just in case. I've just replaced with easyfits and they are fab. They havnt been used at nursery yet as ethans not been going for a month but he returns in the next week and I can't forsee nursery having any problems with them at all! :-)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat