hf1

Full disclosure?

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Full disclosure?

Postby macmomo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:50 am

If you were selling a WNNN version 1 rather than a 2 or 3, wouldn't you at least mention that on your classified ad? I know it's caveat emptor but really, I'm so angry :evil: . I didn't know there were different versions, so yes I was ignorant but I really didn't expect that sort of thing on this website. When I had my Bambooties listed on classifieds I even pointed out that they were currently on sale at Cheeks and Cherries. Harrumph! Newbies, beware.

It is possible that the lady who sold it to me didn't know either, so I'll just calm down and list the nappy on Freecycle.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Full disclosure?

Postby tiyuricc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:55 am

Personally I don't have a clue about nappy versions. If I knew a version number then I would state it, but chances are I wouldn't know.

I also don't know about WNNN but I would guess that if there's such a big deal about different versions then it should have been visible in the photos so people viewing the listing may have known which version it is.

Before jumping head-first, perhaps pm the person that sold you. Maybe they didn't know versions either, particularly if they themselves picked it up on classifieds. Don't just assume they were deliberately misleading you. People on here tend for the most part to be helpful and honest. There are the occasional bad egg, but few and far between as far as I can see.

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:02 pm

No, I know people are honest, I always assume so but I've been stung twice now and I guess that makes me a bit more apt to get upset. When I received the nappy (for which I overpaid) I wondered why everyone seemed to recommend WNNN - this one just seemed pointless to me. Should have rung a few bells at the time but there. It's just galling to pay for something that is, essentially, worthless. I'll see if anyone on Treecycle wants it.

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm the same really, I'd always state the version if I knew it, so maybe she didnt on that particular one and as you didnt know to ask etc I would just put it down to one of those things.

Having said that I've had both a version 1 and 2 and they were great so not sure why you find it worthless. Does it come will all inserts? Have you tried boosting? And I'm sure you could get something back from it by re-selling it if need be rather then writing the whole amount off. At least you might feel better for it I guess.

And if you did pay more for it then again I would say its down to both of you, maybe she didnt know what they were going for and if you didnt know the average price they sold for then you wouldnt know at the time to ask for it cheaper. People always offer me slightly less for something and I nearly always take the offer rather then waiting for a full price one to come along.

It is a shame you've been stung twice as you say but I think it happens to everyone at some point, I've paid more for some nappies and had 1 or 2 arrive in not as described states but generally it's been down to me not paying attention at looking at a listing properly or researching.

Anyway dont let it put you off the classifieds xx

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm not actually sure what the difference is between the versions or when they changed, I've bought a few new over the last couple of years & not noticed the difference between them?

I'd only mention a version number if I was aware of it & where it made a difference, for example the new DnF's don't have an additional lay in insert as they are made with Zorb II for instance.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Love the version one's.here, so don't write it off yet! Should be clearly sold thogh.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm

If I knew the version, I'd list it, but I generally don't know, particularly if I've bought second hand myself. If you weren't aware yourself that there were different versions of WNNN, why do you assume that everyone else would be (I didn't know and I've been using cloth for almost 4 years)?

If I bought something on classifieds and then found out it was an old version I wouldn't be angry or upset though, unless I'd asked what version it was and been told a lie. If I didn't ask, I'd have no right to be upset IMO.

Did you know at the time you were paying over the odds? If so, why did you pay it? If you were aware of the the approximate value it should be, then you could have offered that, or around it. You don't have to pay what people ask just cos they ask it.

Why freecycle it? I don't understand that, surely it's still worth some money, better to get something back than just give it away for nothing because you're angry.

As has been said though, the best idea all round is if you're unhappy PM the seller first.

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Natalie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Agree'd i wouldnt list it if i didnt know it, tbh if i bought a wnnn i would not know the difference at all as ive not owned one before. If i was clued up then i probably would list it

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:30 pm

i've bought all my nappies preloved and for the most part i haven't a clue which is version 1 or 2 (or 3!), perhaps apart from the Easyfits which we use a lot of, and people make a fuss about which version they want (sometimes i've read bad things about wonderoos version 1 as well). i've bought lots of wnnn from classifieds and i don't think anyone stated what version it was, but they've all worked for us (but maybe i just got lucky). on classifieds there will always be very very old nappies (e.g. the first versions) because those nappies might have been through 3 or more children.

i think you should put it on classifieds as someone will want it! you said you overpaid - how much did you pay for it? it's an interesting concept: how much is a nappy worth and who decides? i know some mamas make a spreadsheet and list what they bought and how much it was but (being disorganised) i haven't done this so when it is my turn to sell my nappies i'm not sure how i will price them (as i have never bought new nappies so haven't a clue what price to list them as).

hope this helps!

x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat