hf1

Changing Bags

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Changing Bags

Postby gemma_louise » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Just wondering if anyone has found any good changing bags with cloth? I bought the biggest changing bag I could find (can't remember the name but it's the one with the different pods) and I still have to take a spare bag to put all my nappies in.

Has anyone found a solution to this so if going out for the day you don't need to take a suitcase with you??

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Changing Bags

Postby becky1978 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 pm

I can fit 3 or 4 nappies, a wetbag, some wipes, small change mat and change of clothes into my Pink Lining bag :wink:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:23 pm

I end up taking two bags. Ed is formula fed so I need bottles and cloth. It's a nightmare. Sorry, no useful advice here.

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:28 pm

becky1978 wrote:I can fit 3 or 4 nappies, a wetbag, some wipes, small change mat and change of clothes into my Pink Lining bag :wink:

That's impressive! I gave up on my pink lining bag as soon as I moved to cloth.

Bugglyboo- that's the problem I'm having- my son is 10 months so if going out for the day I need 2 meals, 2 bottles, 2 pots of formula powder, 5 nappies, a change of clothes, snacks, water, wipes, toys, a muslin, a bib, spoons, cream & all my stuff! Need a small suitcase! :roll:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:33 pm

gemma_louise wrote:
becky1978 wrote:I can fit 3 or 4 nappies, a wetbag, some wipes, small change mat and change of clothes into my Pink Lining bag :wink:

That's impressive! I gave up on my pink lining bag as soon as I moved to cloth.

Bugglyboo- that's the problem I'm having- my son is 10 months so if going out for the day I need 2 meals, 2 bottles, 2 pots of formula powder, 5 nappies, a change of clothes, snacks, water, wipes, toys, a muslin, a bib, spoons, cream & all my stuff! Need a small suitcase! :roll:

Mine must be a Mary poppins one or something then :giggle:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Could you send your Mary Poppins bag this way :D

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 pm

I've got a Phil and Teds changing bag, I can fit a days worth of stuff in that if I pack neatly. I often don't tbh, I have often dug through it and found an extra two nappies at the bottom of it. It also has a side pocket that I can fit meals into as well.

Other than that, have you heard of Jansport rucksacks? Not the most glamourous option but I can fit a LOT of stuff in one of those (30litre) and it doesn't look that big at all.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:45 pm

My pink lining bag fits 2 changes of clothes, 3-4 nappies, wipes, mat, wet bag,Terry towel, muslin, creams etc, my wallet, my medicine/inhaler/brush/Vaseline.

Mine must be Mary poppins too!!

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Actually looking at your list of stuff, it looks like what I would take out with me on a normal day.

Do you want me to test drive it for you and post pictures? (I have pretty much all your bits bar a formula pot)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat