hf1

What fabric for face wipes?

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What fabric for face wipes?

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:34 am

I need to buy some more wipes for bums at some point but I'm also looking to get some little wipes for cleaning Iona's face. Being a preemie she has really delicate skin and with being sick a lot she needs her face wiping a lot so something supersoft is very important.

I've been using cheeky wipes to wipe her face but they seem really rough (and with the size of her one wipe reaches from the top of her head to below her nipples :giggle:) but I'm not sure what fabric to look for wipes in as most places I've looked just seem to have cotton ones like the CW.

I was pondering about OBV as I can't think of anything more lovely and soft (plus it's pretty lol) but I wasn't sure if it would be any good for wipes or not?

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What fabric for face wipes?

Postby choccylisa » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:44 am

I use obv, dyed bamboo fleece and minky for wipes for the kids so any of those would be lovely and soft for faces :mrgreen:

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:30 pm

i just used a muslin for DD, who vomited sooo much in the early days/weeks. now i use the same wipes for bum and face (but wash them of course lol!). OBV is super soft and so is fleece. xxx

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:40 pm

We're loving our Looby Lu's wipes at the moment... we save them for DDs face (they're pretty), and just use boring plain ones on her bottom :giggle:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat