hf1

I need new nappies

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

I need new nappies

Postby Bloom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:24 am

My little man is 4 weeks old now and although he was only 6lb5.5oz at birth hes piling on the weight about 8lb now. Ive been using bimbles and kissaluvs mainly which are getting small and Hes outpeeing really quickly. Ive been boosting the bimbles with 2 LL boosters for night and even that was sopping wet after 6 hours. (try not to change him between 12-6 if I can help it as he cries waking his sis up inless hes pooed of course).

He fits his small ittis which I love but does have leg gape as he has skinny legs I love the one teenyfit I have but its probaly not worth buying any more now.

What should I buy now? I want pockets/aio for daytime and fitted for night.

Would btp pockets be okay now as I cant afford to keep buying new nappies every few months?

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: I need new nappies

Postby hermya » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:44 am

We had my LO in Bumgenius and easyfits when he was about 9lbs and they fitted fine. If you're after a smaller nappy, I would consider the rumparooz, they fit from about 6lbs and my LO is still in his at 22lbs on the second to last rise snap.

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:47 am

Also I would add to not just stick to one brand, we have a real mixture and there are times when he gets a funny shape and doesn't fit in one of the brands for a couple of weeks. For example, his easyfits were getting a bit funny on him but I left it a week or two and low and behold he's back in them now. BTW I have found Bumgenius the best fit wise, he's never had a funny moment in them. Also if you're after ones with a high rise, get flips and smartipants.

My avatar
span78
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby span78 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 am

I'd 2nd the BG and rumparooz - we started using BG aplix quite early on as, with the aplix version, you can fold the front down and meet the aplix in the middle. We didn't get a rumparooz until she was about 11lb but, by then, she was on the 2nd snap.

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:01 am

Thanks I had some lil joeys but I wasnt too impressed as he outpeed them but due to their size boosting wasnt an option maybe I would have more luck with a rumparooz.

Time to go shopping I think I will try a rumparooz, easyfit and a BG

What about fitted?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:31 am

I mainly use fitteds on my DD and atm am loving my XS Dunk n Fluffs, S Wee Notions Northern Lights, S Owe Woah Whens and S Holdens Landings. At night we are using Little Gumnut All Hours and boosted XS Dunk n Fluffs. Both last 6 hours with no problems.

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Arghhh I can see why people give up cloth. Ive caved and got a pack of pampers for nights.

Hes outpeeing everything I have ll boosters but there not enough. I feel like Ive already spent a fortune on the xs/s nappies and now I need a whole new stash.

Bah humbug it was going so well till this week.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:25 pm

I found the first few months that my LO was out peeing things quickly and the bamboo ones I bought for night times were soaking at every change too. Tis all of that guzzling they do. It does slow down it's just milk in milk out when they re dinky.
Didn t try bg till mine was a bit older but beware if only using with microfibre, but you did mention ll boosters so they ll be good with the microfibre one.
I also have thirties duo diapers, again Didn t use till mine was a bit older so size 2 so would probably be too big right now Hmmmm unless anyone has experience with using on a smaller one? The thirsties duo wrap size one only lasted us for 4 months at the most. I love the duo diapers but not seen them talked about much anywhere. They have gussets so catch the poo and seem to be a good price compared with other pockets.

I m a prefold fan for economical reasons and my front wee r s don t make good use of a whole nappy :giggle:
I love my thirsties stuff as you ll be able to tell ;) and have one thirsties hemp prefold which is lovely. Cheaper than a whole nappy as you don't need so many wraps. Again the sizing might be an issue at the mo but for future reference.

Good luck finding something that suits xxx

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:35 am

I have been using teenyfits, newborn bumgenius and now moving on to flips and bamboo pop ins. For night time I reckon a bamboo pop in should contain everything, especially if it was boosted. :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat