hf1

Need suggestions....

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Need suggestions....

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:36 am

... but don't overload my simple brain pmsl!

Basically Erin has been fine up until this last week with the bedtime nappy I chose and then bought more of (cos it worked)

She has a minki with folded mf cloth, a mf insert and a hemp booster. This lasted her all night and she was happy and fine etc etc.

Last week I had the leg elastic issue but that has since not happened.

However the last few nights she has woke up between 1-2am crying and very hard to settle... i resort to changing her nappy (after several attempts with teeth and other ideas lol) as when i felt her bum (inside the nappy) she felt wet and because she is a little sore I didn't want her laying in it. As soon as I do this she sleeps then for the rest of the night.

I don't know if it's because she is wetting more than she used to? or maybe she is teething so is more amonia in her wee and stinging her bum.

What can I do to help short of changing her bum every night!

She seems to do most of her wees in the first half of the night as I put a fuzzi on her each time in the early hours and she is fine but the nappy I take off is sodden. Then when she wakes in the morning she is still ok in the fuzzi if that makes sense?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:04 am

I've never used pockets at night as Louis is quite a heavy wetter and they are not as absorbant as a 2 part. You could try putting a 2nd hemp booster in, are you making sure its a mf closest to her and not hemp as that is slow absorbing?

My only other suggestion is going over to 2 part nappies at night, I use similar boosting at night as you but in a 2 part pocket nappy so I know I wouldn't get away with a minki unless I added even more boosting. I use wool but I know you are concerned about that and her excema, so you could use a fleece wrap or even a pull wrap. That way you would have loads of extra absorbancy and presumably not the problems you are having at the moment.

hths!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:30 am

Think I will have to try some out then. It's a shame as it did work up until now.

Any ideas on her bit of nappy rash? I know I can't use thick creams but i really need to put something on it.

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:33 am

Hi Hannah,

Have you tried metanium, it's brilliant at shifting bum rashes. You only need a tiny bit.

Hope Erins bum clears up soon.

Ericax

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:41 am

Have you tried bamboo in the slinki's?? More absorbant than hemp so might be worth a try. With the creams, Phebie has really bad nappy rash at the moment thanks to some yucky antibiotics she was on. I've been putting sudocream on really thick but putting a piece of flannel or home made fleece liner closest to her bum so the cream doesn't ruin the nappies.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:52 am

Am just looking at Ella's House Hemp bum hugger nappies as I remember Ruth harping on about them :lol:

Do you have to use a particular wrap for a particular nappy or will any do?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:56 am

They are good but its better for night to have one with a pocket otherwise you have to put the boosting outside. Better using the hemp as yoru boosting in a pocket fleece lined nappy. You could look at bambeasy (bamboo) or a hemp and terry stuffie (angeltots) then stuff with mf and hemp to give max absorbancy for minimum bulk.

Pretty much all wraps with all nappys but NOT wraps made for prefolds ie cotton babies and bambino mio. Also you may need a larger size of wrap to go over the night nappy!

sorry gotta go will be back in a bit.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:42 pm

The new style ones have a pocket it says on kittykins.

Do you think I'd be better off with a fleece or PUL wrap? I don't want to risk wool with Erin's skin, I know how much my sister can't wear wool!

Maybe I should get one of each to see what is best. Good job I just made £30 this morning on ebay eh!

Will look at those othe nappies. I did look at bambeasy but they didn't have aplix or popper from what I could see and those nippa things don't appeal to me nor look easy!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi Hannah, if you get a bambeasy directly from easypeasynappies.co.uk you can get a popper one.

Although nippas really are easy to use and give the best fit! Ask Nic, she got brave recently and tried one! :wink:

HTH

Joanne

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat