hf1

Why am I getting leaks on his tummy?

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Why am I getting leaks on his tummy?

Postby hermya » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:47 am

Pretty much all my nappies seem to be doing this at the moment. He's a tummy/side sleeper and it seems to only happen when he naps.

What can I do? We use pockets, mainly tots bots and BG and the odd smartipants.

Thanks

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Why am I getting leaks on his tummy?

Postby Asta » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 am

with the smartipants make sure the insert is tucked well into the sleeve at the front, it doesn't matter if it sticks out a little at the back, the elastic will hold it in.

With all of them you'll just need to add some boosting. You could use the newborn BG insert, fold it in half and stuff it into the front of the pocket. We have to do this for out DD as she sleeps on her tummy.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

The only thing that springs to mind is if his "bits" are pointing up :giggle: or that you aren't putting the nappies tight enough, if he sticks his bottom in the air or something it might be pushing the nappy away from his body and allowing the leaks IYKWIM.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:07 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:The only thing that springs to mind is if his "bits" are pointing up :giggle: or that you aren't putting the nappies tight enough, if he sticks his bottom in the air or something it might be pushing the nappy away from his body and allowing the leaks IYKWIM.

This.
Make sure his willy is pointing down and try adding a booster to the wet zone at the front x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat