Total votes : 9
My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Change bags - what do you use?

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:07 pm

just wondering what you all do for change bags. With Josh I had a big 'proper' change bag, it was a Graco one and cost about £40 and its still amazingly going!! However as I was so sick of the sight of it even before Josh was out of nappies I didn't want to use it this time! I use it when we are travelling as it is so big though!

With Louis I just use kind of big handbags. In the summer I had a blue and white straw type thing and now I'm using a funky canvas duffle bag thing that has loads of pockets and is big enough for about 3/4 nappies and bits, fine for a day out! I'm actually really happy doing what I'm doing as I can just pick up something i like when I get bored of the sight of t for alot less than a 'real' change bag. I also carry a change mat in there, so not a huge difference really in my mind!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:14 pm

I use this now (see pic, one at right in corner of pic) has my proper M&P change bag was bulky so i sold it on ebay! :D

This is actually a swim bag for £6 but it fits in a few nappies and other bits :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:33 pm

That's very cute and girly isn't it!! :D :D

The thought just crossed my mind are they just making money out of us with 'real' change bags as we feel we 'have to' have one??? :shock: :? :?: :?:

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:50 pm

I have a purpose change bag, it's a mothercare one and to be honest it's naff :!: :!: :shock: It weighs a ton before you even put anything in it, and although it has lots of pockets you really can't fit much in it :(

I'm now on the search for a nice 'normal' bag to co-ordinate with my new techno (charcoal and powder pink)

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:56 pm

clothmama wrote:That's very cute and girly isn't it!! :D :D

The thought just crossed my mind are they just making money out of us with 'real' change bags as we feel we 'have to' have one??? :shock: :? :?: :?:

Yes think they probably do. i got my M&P bag for free but i wouldn't have paid £35 for it that the RRP was :roll:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:10 pm

At the moment I'm using a proper nappy bag got it for a bargain $120 down to $20 but I think I'll probably be changing it soon as its really heavy and bulky and although its got lots of pockets and zips when I'm in a hurry I tend to just chuck everything in the main part. I'm really abit addicted to nappy bags (proper or not) Phebies 10 months and this is about the fourth bag and with Hannah I'd hate to count the number of bags that I went through. I love the preschool type backpacks with the cute characters on them.

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:42 am

I bought a kapoochi proper nappy bag before I had lil but I only used it for about 6 months then I got sick of lugging it around as it was so big :!: I'm actually selling it on ebay in the next couple of days and am going to buy something smaller and a little prettier. I love the look of these little laundry bags that I have seen on the anna & sally website so I might buy one of those. And to be honest I might even make myself a bag with a long strap was thinking maybe a nice denim one (If i ever get around to it) with some patches of some vintage fabric I have.

Sam...

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:42 am

DH bought me a new bag a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it!!

Before that I used the bag that came with our buggy which was big and black and not very exciting. It didn't have many compartments either.
Or if I was only out for a short while I used one of my bigger handbags with all the baby things stuffed in.
It took me ages to find everything though because it was all in one big space..

My new bag is the Fanci Free circles in motion. I really love it so much! It looks good so I don't carry a separate handbag. And there are so many compartments I can have everything organised (my stuff and Matthew's) and find it again really quickly. It even has a wee mini wet bag which holds one nappy! Love it! :D

Joanne

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat