hf1

Cloth nappies are fabulous because . . .

Best thing about cloth nappies, for you?

Not having to lug packs of nappies home.
No votes
Work better than sposies.
10%
All the money you save.
17%
The joy of building your stash.
10%
How cute your child looks in them!
13%
Numerous environmental benefits.
13%
Less nappy rash.
7%
No chemicals near baby's bum.
13%
Less rubbish to get rid of at home.
17%

Total votes : 30
My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Cloth nappies are fabulous because . . .

Postby Robins_Mummy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:53 pm

There are several major benefits of cloth-bumming your little one, but which one is most important to you? Which one do you see as the very best thing about cloth, for you?

Also, has your opinion changed since you started using cloth?: eg if you started cloth-bumming because you loved how much money you'd save, and now the main thing you love is the fact that your little one gets hardly any nappy rash, etc. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Robins_Mummy on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Cloth nappies are fabulous because . . .

Postby ImisMummy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:54 pm

but we can only chose ONE option! :hohoho:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Thats such a hard question.... Why only 1 answer!!!???!!!
Id have to go with environmental reasons - but enjoying building stash & cute looking are very very close behind (im not sure the money saving applies here :oops: )

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Robins_Mummy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Haha, sorry ladies, it is blimmin difficult to pick isn't it :x

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Can't I pick them all?!

I chose the rubbish one. I HATE having a bin full of stinky yucky nappies.

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:13 pm

One choice? ONE?! I want to pick them all! I went for less nappy rash in the end as DS was awful in sposies, it made me want to cry. Then cloth was discovered in our house and voila! Happy baby! :wine:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 pm

I started using them for environmental reasons, but once I learnt more about them then I was even happier about my choice for reasons such as no nappy rash, no chemicals near her skin, no hideous baggy crotch ( :puke: ). I kept using them even when the initial novelty wore off because I enjoyed stash building and I found this wonderful forum!

The only thing I don't agree with is that it has saved me money - while it may do in the long run just about, the amount of other stuff I have bought (fabric, yarn, wool clothing, WAHM clothing) has cost me a ton, and I never would have got into it if it wasn't for this site. I am planning on being more restrained with no 2 though so maybe I will make a bit back then. DD just PT at 21 months though so we wouldn't have spent as much on sposies as some people (although if she had been in sposies she may not have PT so early - so who knows!)

I genuinely hate the feel of disposables now (we only used them for the 1st week last time until our cloth arrived) and would never use one again - we haven't even gone abroad on holiday since DD was born because I refused to put her in sposies even for a week :oops:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:23 pm

I don't see the point in this poll! There isn't one thing that is the most important to us. We switched to cloth because of all these reasons (pretty much). :D

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Robins_Mummy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Bluebell wrote:I don't see the point in this poll! There isn't one thing that is the most important to us. We switched to cloth because of all these reasons (pretty much). :D
Sorry hun, I was just curious to see what things are important to a lot of people, and get any extra info .. just a bit of fun really with the poll :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat