hf1

Newbie buying her first stash.feedback appreciated.

My avatar
ALL5
Clothie
Clothie

Newbie buying her first stash.feedback appreciated.

Postby ALL5 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 pm

After a couple of posts and lots of reading this is what I am thinking.

Bum genius V4 pocket, one size...6 in total.
I can't decide on snaps or velcro. I am leaning towards mostly snaps as some people seem to have problems with velcro.
Also, where can I get bamboo boosters?

Fuzzibuns one size pocket diapers. ...8 in total
Should I get one or two perfect fit.

Littlelamb bamboo nappie and wrap perfect fit for newborns.
I don't know how many I should get. I can get 5 nappies, insert and liners for 50euro and 1 nappy, insert, wrap and a bag for 15euro. Any thoughts on how many I should get. I will be having an early c-section but will use disposable in the hospital and till I get ack on my feet, maybe 2 weeks or so.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Newbie buying her first stash.feedback appreciated.

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 pm

I had a big baby (4.2kg/ 9lb4oz) and her BG's didn't fit for quite a few weeks. I can't remember exactly when but I'd say a couple of months at least. So my advice would be to make sure you get enough smaller ones to work for a while, particularly if you're having an early c-sect since bubba will be smaller.

The size 1 little lambs I loved when she was little, but beware if you have a long baby - she had builders bum at only 2 months old so I had to stop using them. For quantities, it depends on how often you'll be washing and if you'll be using a tumble dryer or not. I'd say a minimum of 15 if you're washing daily... although I know other people on here will say a lot more than that.

HTH

My avatar
ALL5
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ALL5 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks for that...and if I am going to use 15 Littlelambs per day...how many wraps should I get....15 or would it be less.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 pm

tiyuricc wrote:I had a big baby (4.2kg/ 9lb4oz) and her BG's didn't fit for quite a few weeks. I can't remember exactly when but I'd say a couple of months at least. So my advice would be to make sure you get enough smaller ones to work for a while, particularly if you're having an early c-sect since bubba will be smaller.

WSS^^ Agree totally

Eleanor was 4lb 11oz and she didn't fit in a BG V3 aplix until she was 8-9lbs. Even then the aplix was so overlapped, the tabs almost crossed over completely ;)
If you are expecting a small baby, then id definitely get some extra small/small nappies for that stage.
Tots bots teenyfits worked for us from 6 1/2lbs
The BG AIO Newborn - from 6lbs

The little lambs are fab nappies.
Their wraps are great too - overlapping tabs & gussets really helps them fit better IMO

Little lamb bamboo boosters are very very good - absorbant enought to give us another 1-2 hours out of a nappy but thin enough to not add too much bulk

HTH :)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm

ALL5 wrote:Thanks for that...and if I am going to use 15 Littlelambs per day...how many wraps should I get....15 or would it be less.

you'll only need about 4-5 wraps.
you can reuse the wrap unless its overly wet or soiled!

I had 2 wraps on the go - one on baby, and one 'airing' and kept switching between the 2 during the day. (unless one got dirty then it went in the bucket and I got a clean one out :)

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:41 am

my advice would be to buy preloved (e.g. on classifieds here) just to see if the particular nappy works for you. it would be a shame if you bought new (astronomical prices!!!) and for whatever reason the nappies weren't good for you. xxx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat