Having problems

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Having problems

Postby Bloom » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:29 am

After some advice please.

I noticed when I feeding ds (bf) hes lying tummy to mummy his nappies are cutting into his leg making it go blue.

The nappy is not too tight if anything its too loose and this has happened in an itti and a bambooty. That I know off it could of happened other times when hes had his legs covered and I havent noticed.

Hes a newborn that gets fed every few hours so this is a major problem. I paronoid now with him in cloth.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Having problems

Postby charlibunny » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:32 am

That doesn't sound right to me at all. Have you asked a Doctor? What happens if you feed him with no nappy on?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:34 am

feed him without a nappy and see if it happens...nb's have developing circulation so perhaps it is just side lying rather than the nappy. if it happens without, perhaps speak to hv or gp?

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:38 am

Hes fine with no nappy on and he seems fine when he had is minki wonderoo on as it was alot looser and soft around his legs, hes in sposies at night (using up the supply) and no problems . Im pretty certain its a combination of him laying on his side so all his weight is resting on his hip and the more solid nappies digging into him.

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:43 am

Meant to say I never noticed a problem when using his newborn stash of fitted with wraps.

Ive switched to pockets and AIO now hes bigger.

My avatar
pebbles08
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby pebbles08 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:36 am

poor LO! haven't really got any helpful suggestions, the only thing I can think of is maybe the nappy is getting pulled sideways if it is becoming trapped between the two of you (IYKWIM) and that it causing it to dig in?
Hope you figure it out soon :hug:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat