hf1

Best PJs For Cloth Bums

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Best PJs For Cloth Bums

Postby gemma_louise » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:37 pm

My LO is 11 months & his 12-18m pyjamas are starting to not fit over his cloth bum anymore but are still way too big for him so I can't go a size up.

Other than spending a fortune of Cut4Cloth or buying expensive longies what's the solution?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best PJs For Cloth Bums

Postby ladybird » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:53 pm

I used to use sleepsuits instead, right up to when Ocean was pretty much out of nappies. Other than that then wool covers, longies, etc. so you don't need pj trousers over the top. Longies don't need to be expensive if you know someone who knits, or buy on classifieds.

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:01 pm

I have 12-18 month sleepsuits & can't do up the poppers. Again they are huge everywhere else but just can't fit the poppers over the nappies. At the moment I am leaving his sleepsuits unpoppered but in the winter I won't really be able to do this. I do use gro bags but still would like pjs to keep him warm in winter. Even on classified longies are still around £20 which is pretty expensive for a pair of PJ bottoms. :(

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:02 pm

In the winter we use fleece sleepsuits and until recently we used normal sleepsuits all year round. Flongies are fairly cheap too which you could pair with a pj top xx

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:08 pm

how about using a long sleeved vest with those vest extenders (i bought mine on ebay). i've bought all my longies and shorties preloved and we haven't paid £20 for any of them. i think it is harder to find small/medium sized longies but keep checking classifieds and they'll come up. also soakers are sooo cheap on classifieds. good luck xxx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Flongies might be an option for you then and they are pretty cheap to get made.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:19 pm

I agree with Kirsty, flongies might be your best bet. I have never had any problems with my other 3 with sleepsuits and PJs but think I may have the same problem as you with my youngest. Some of her 0-3 sleepsuits are already getting short in the leg, they definitely won't last another 6 weeks anyway! I find that supermarkets have the most generously sized clothing in general to go over cloth bums, particularly Sainsbury's and Tesco's. Also Mothercare's sleepsuits and PJs are very generously sized.

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Mothercare sleepsuits and also John Lewis sleep suits are really generous in fit and work well for us and our huge cloth bedtime bum.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Sainsburys are good for us.

But we are the other way - the cloth bum helps to keep the PJ's up on my skinny ones ;)
Otherwise we'd either have trousers round ankles, or 3/4 length legs :giggle:

Now James is PT - we struggle with his trousers, even despite adjustable waists & belts!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat