hf1

Dry pail - how big/where to buy?

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Dry pail - how big/where to buy?

Postby Robins_Mummy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm just building up my stash, and will have enough nappies soon to switch to cloth completely, so what else will I need? All I can think is a 'dry pail' to put them in pre-wash, how big does this need to be? Where is a good place to get one? Does anyone have any tips for a newbie?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Dry pail - how big/where to buy?

Postby anothersquish » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:46 pm

I use XL monkey foot wetbags now. I used to use just a standard box which was perfectly fine and dandy!
Anything with some form of lid is normally absolutely fine, I didnt have any smells or nasties going on with the box nor the MF wetbags. I like the wetbags as they can come anywhere with us and take up next to no space and I can just throw them in the washing machine with the nappies rather than having to rinse/disinfect a big box every time.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Oh and Millies Nappies are UK distributors of MF wetbags, Donna has lists of stockists and stocks them herself :)

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:16 pm

i use this http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/washing-up ... 2Byw%3D%3D
and this to line it http://www.funkymonkeypants.com/pailliners.html
i also have these for my sons normal laundrey, the bin itself is a nice size, i hate the round ones!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:47 pm

I just had a swing bin from Tesco( £4.99? Or something like that). It was perfect as when t was full I knew it was time for a wash.

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:21 pm

I used to use just a normal bucket with a lid but I found it got a bit of condensation inside. Then I started using a wet bag in the bucket and now I just use a wet bag. One a day, then when its full it goes in the bathroom. I usually wash every two days. Just open the bags and put them in the machine. I just use basic wetbags and a couple I made myself.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:22 pm

I just used a flip top bin from Ikea x

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:42 am

We have 2 14L bins/pails from the hardware shop (with lids) and we wash when one and a half are full, otherwise the machine is too full and they don't wash properly. I prefer bins (one upstairs and one downstairs) as I found with wet bags the outside got damp and if it was resting on anything, the damp got transferred. I don't have expensive wet bags, though, so that could be why! :D

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:25 am

Kirstyh wrote:I just used a flip top bin from Ikea x

Me too.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat