hf1

Stains that don't sun out?

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Stains that don't sun out?

Postby justme123 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:03 pm

I bought some preloved nappies that are quite badly stained. I have washed them in nappisan and hung them out in the sun but with no luck. I think they have improved slightly, so do I just need more sun (it wasn't that sunny today!), or is there anything else I can try? Perhaps soaking in nappisan or vanish?

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Re: Stains that don't sun out?

Postby Allie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Vanish might help but in my experience most stains do sun out eventually. I usually keep going out and wetting the stained area on sunny days and I've never had a problem with stains :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Allie wrote:Vanish might help but in my experience most stains do sun out eventually. I usually keep going out and wetting the stained area on sunny days and I've never had a problem with stains :D

This. I have used Ace laundry bleach on a couple of occasions too. I wouldn't use it very often though.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks! I'll keep hoping for the sun then :-)

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Yep, I'd go for more sun too.

No offence, but I'd ditch the napisan, it's nasty stuff and really not recommended for nappies. It can shorten the life of the fabric apparently. Sanitiser really isn't necessary, but if you want to use it, there are kinder brands such as Bio-D and Onelife.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Sun and more sun. I stuck a couple of nappies I came to sell outside yesterday when I realised they had little stains on (stupidly sent them to my exs about 5 months ago and I havent used them since so didnt know!) and they are all but gone (some are completely gone) the more you sit them in the sun the better, even on window ledges if its raining out.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat