hf1

Perfect newborn stash?

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Perfect newborn stash?

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:49 am

It's such a shame, but we've given all our small nappies to my sister for her baby. So, I've just had to resign myself to some fluff shopping to replace the stash :wink:

We used TB fluffles and TB wraps which worked really well for us, and I'd like to use a smiliar system, I'm thinking maybe some bamboozles, plus some quicker drying nappies (we don't have a tumble dryer) and a mix of PUL and fleece wraps. Are teenyfits worth getting do you think?

What would be in your ideal stash for a newborn?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Perfect newborn stash?

Postby Shaunie » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:51 am

Did you see the post about the little lambs offer? 8 size 1 bamboo with old labels for £42 & free shipping! I have some I'm splitting that are arriving today :wine:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:54 am

Oh, will have a look, thanks Shaunie. Am thinking of getting some packs of teenyfits and splitting them, as I'll only want a few in each pattern.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:56 am

Some suggestions
little lambs etc tend to be bulky on newborns. Some suggestions
diddy diapers, nature babies loveables, bimbles/bambeasies, motherease sandys xs, Owe Woah Whens XS, . Depends on how much you would like to spend, holden's landing, little gumnut, dunk n fluff all do xs/newborn also.
With Nathan I just used rikki wraps to start with .

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:57 am

Well there are a few of us newborn shopping soon so should not be a problem finding someone to split with. I'm not actually buying anything yet :lookround: but there are such bargains I could not resist!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:57 am

I'm skipping newborn / XS size due to having large babies :lol:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:01 am

I would be getting prefolds , Love dd's OWW prefolds so some of them in small.
I would probably get some OWW fitteds as well. I am hoping to have another winter baby so would probably be covering everything in wool soakers and longies.
You could always have a go at making a few of you own prefolds.

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:07 am

I love my teenyfits! I would def get some! Have found them fab for containing bf poop explosions. :D

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 am

I loved little lambs on dd when she was tiny (i say tiny, but she was 9lb4oz at birth). My main problem was that she had builders bum by about 10 weeks but was way too tiny in the waist for the next size up. I think for another newborn I'd get some more ll's but not too many in case they don't last long again.

small itti's were also good for the first few weeks and the paeds in the hospital loved them too! They were also low enough up front to sit below the cord which was a bonus.

I liked using folded muslins the first couple of weeks, but not sure if i'd do that again as dd pee'd for england (still does) but might treat myself to just a couple of terries for that early period if the need arises.

Other than that, I'd probably consider some dnf's (or make some myself using that pattern) as they're my staple at the moment, so I'd hope they'd work on a smaller bub too.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat